Chapter 63

Yanique's POV

6:39 pm

I end the call with Lando and immediately dial Patrice's number , when she picks up I then add Jessica to the call.

I pull into Lando's garage but I decide to stay inside the car for a few minutes to talk. Gym kicked my ass today and I've made an oath to never go back but knowing Jessica she'll make sure I'm there if it's even to pull me by my hair.

I don't think it's necessary anymore , I'm doing all this working out and still manage to look like a watermelon.

"Can you believe he is back to being controlling , he doesn't ask. He tells ! And he does so very often since he's been back" I recline my seat.

My head is pounding since I got off the phone with him earlier. He called like a dozen times to check my whereabouts and insist that I get back to his house.

I almost thought for a second we were passed this stage.

Apparently not!

Perhaps I rushed into considering this forgiveness thing.

"It's what he is use to , you have to talk to him about this. Get him to understand where you are coming from" Patrice says.

Wow! As if I haven't already tried that like a thousand times...maybe more

"Yeah I agree. He just got back and he wants you close to him, maybe him just wah catch up on what he has been missing out on."Jessica says.

I get out of my car. I'm literally struggling to walk.

Oh lord why do I torture myself like this?

"Jessica you are missing the point" I admit and she giggles.

"Yeah ...you gone far ! Whether him wah spend time or not he needs to ask and not demand ... simple! Remember Yan anuh rebel like mi enu . One ting she aguh duh and a show up a di man yaad regardless then call wi and bawl" as usual Patrice finds humor in the situation.

I can't even disagree about that part, I laugh and Jessica is on the edge of passing out anytime soon from all this laughter.

"Joke aside Yan... talk him bout it. You said you guys have been understanding each other since last night and you get your man back so mek it work" Jessica says with a full mouth.

When is she never eating ?

"Get him back?? Afta him neva lef!" Patrice then adds.

We spend the next five minutes talking.
One topic leads to another, until I tell them goodnight and end the call.

Mmm... what should I cook?

I search the pantry.

It is loaded ... making it ten times harder for me to choose.

Cornbeef with noodles and white rice it is tonight. I love this meal, it's quick and easy.
Exactly what I need.

When I'm finish I sit and have my dinner while scrolling through Instagram.

Kanye really called the Kardashians out!

I dig deeper in the drama until my plate is empty and my stomach is too full for me to even move.

I then put away my phone and clean up before I take a shower. As I get out of the bath, the steam from the water fills the room and fogs the mirrors.

I pick up a fresh towel and wrap around my damp body.

When I get back to the room I check my phone, it is now 9:01 pm and he's not home.

I'm use to being left inside this huge house alone but what's the big deal to have me here if he knows he won't be here to spend time with me?

I realize that I've received a message from Lawrence , he accepted the invite to the gender reveal.

*Okay sis. I'll wear pink 🙂*

"You smell so damn good." Lando's deep voice frightens me and I make a squealing sound.

Why does he have to pop up like this all the time.

I almost ran through the wall!

"Baaabe!" I scold him as I tighten the towel around my body.

He smirks.

I notice the bouquet of flowers in his hands..

"For you" he hands it to me.

"Awww, thank you babe!" I read the card.

*Love means never to say that you're sorry, how can you hurt the one that you love?-Beres Hammond. Let me start over , loving you the healthy and right way, on this journey I promise there will be no need to apologize. For you will hurt no more. I love you Yan.*

A handwritten card for me!

My heart melts.

I give him puppy dog eyes before I hug him tightly and thank him. I kiss his lips softly.

"I love the card! Oh and the flowers too"

"Anything for you baby" he sits on the bed and remove his black T-shirt.

"I'm gonna put these in some water, be right back" I grin .

When I get back he's inside the shower and I start getting dress in my rose pink shorts and one of his white T-shirt. My PJ tops don't fit anymore, sadly.

"What's for dinner?" He shouts over the sound of pouring water.

"Cornbeef and rice" I answer.

"Babeee! Cornbeef don't consume with rice. Wahmp to the food man?" He playfully complains but nevertheless I feel bad.

Few minutes later he walks into the room and begins getting dress.

"You want me to boil some dumpling and banana for you?" I ask feeling awful that he isn't pleased with what I cooked.

"Naaah...dat gov, mi nuh too hungry."

I hope he knows saying that only makes it ten times worst. I get off the bed.

"Weh ya guh?" He ask.

"To the kitchen... come keep mi company while mi cook" I tell him before I leave, not waiting for him to disagree as I know he will.

I get to the kitchen and start preparing the food. I might as well add potatoes and yam, it won't take any time.

"You stubborn" he enters the kitchen and leans against the island , watching me as I move around the space.

"I need your help with the catering for the gender reveal. Jessica haven't been able to come across a good cater and time is running out, you know anyone?" I ask him.

"Yeah I can cover that. Anything else?" He folds his arms , his eyes travel with me.

"Nope that's it"

"I'll deposit money to your account tomorrow to cover the expense for the gender reveal" he tells me.

See! Here we go again.

He never ask, he always tells me what he is going to do. I roll my eyes, not able to hold back on my attitude.

"It would be nice if you ask me sometimes, you know like hey babe do you need money or hey babe can you come over tonight. Instead of always telling me what you are gonna do regardless of what I think about it" I explain in a subtle way.