*Chapter 35*

Yanique's POV
10:02 pm

I've been doing a horrible job at trying to stay awake since I got off the phone with Lando.

I'm pretty sure all the doctor's in Grey's Anatomy has enjoyed watching me sleep in my rose pink , cotton PJs that doesn't provide much coverage.

I am feeling a little chilly, I definitely should get up and turn down the air conditioner inside the room but I'm way too lazy , instead I decide to cover my entire body with the white comforter that smells so much like Lando's cologne mixed with fabric Softener.

My body is aching to feel his presence, all I want is for him to hold me and rub my stomach as we talk about names for our baby or room decoration.All of which he probably would agree with everything I say.

"Why in here suh cold... ya ice woman?" Lando's deep voice fills the dark room and I quickly turn around to see where his voice is coming from. He is standing at the door.

He flicks on the light and his beautiful smile makes me feel whole again.How does he manage to look this good effortlessly. I , on the other hand probably look like a mummy who has just woke up from a decade of resting.

He then pulls his black T-shirt from over his head, no matter how often I've seen him shirtless I still can't get over how his skin is covered in tattoos that look like the walls of an art museum.

He still makes me feel butterflies.
His voice , his touch, his entire existence stimulates every fiber inside my body and I don't think I'll ever be able to get enough of him.

"I am too lazy to turn the air conditioner down" I sit and watch him get undressed, anticipating his warmth next to me.

He picks up the remote from the bedside table and turns the air conditioner down, sparing me from doing it myself.

"You just left and didn't say anything or so much as gave me a reaction to what I said earlier"

You can count on me to spoil the mood...

Ofcourse I want us to be good again but I can't ignore the things that needs to be addressed first in order for us to move on.

He scoots underneath the sheet and spoons me, gently resting his chin on top of my head as he draws circles on my stomach with his fingers.

"How are you feeling now?" I can feel his chest vibrate against my cold body.

Probably I'd be at ease if he wasn't ignoring my attempt to pick up where we left off.

"I'm okay , I guess I was just worried about you since you left so abruptly" I try again.. hoping this time he can't find his way out of speaking on the matter at hand.

He kisses my earlobe .

"Lando.." I scowl him.

"Mi nuh wah yuh worry bout mi babe, mi just guh link Lawrence ... it wasn't anything major." He says softly in my ear ,his voice gravely ... how do I resist this man?

I don't want to...

But this time I will not be pulled in by his charm!

I fidget myself from out of his hold and then turn around to meet his brown eyes.

"Tell me what you think about what I said earlier today... what's going on inside your mind and stop ignoring the questions I have please"

He places his hands behind his head and lay on his back ,exposing his armpit hair.From this perfect angel his beefy muscles are all my eyes want to focus on.

"I'm not ignoring you , I'm doing my best to protect you the way I know how to.... But Jah know yuh nuh make it easy pan mi baby... wid all these questions ....."

"Protect me by keeping the truth from me? That is unfair , don't you think?" He removes his hands from behind his head then sits ,straightening his posture.

His body language alone tells me it's about to go downhill, his eyes are a window to his irritation.

"When yuh fada link yuh fi information, di fact that yuh don't have any is wah mek yuh less of a gateway fi get to mi ... this way yuh don't have to even lie because yuh simply don't fucking know noting fi share .... Yuh eva tink bout dat?" His says harshly and reading the look on his face I can tell he is upset about where my interest lies.

I would prefer a calmer tone and wiser choice of words , at least it would make it a lot more easier for me to bring my point across.

"I'm not suppose to be in the dark when it comes on to you Lando , I can choose what I want to share with others... but ever since we've been in this relationship you never seem to let me in and it's very hurtful having to hear these things from other people about the person you are having a child with , share the same bed with!" I get off the bed and I am now standing next to him. Something about me having to stand to make my point.

His eyes are traveling with my every move.

I don't care what I have to do, I will not allow him to just leave me hanging all the time. I am apart of his life which means I should know every aspect of it too, or at least most of it!

"Are you serious Yanique ? We are arguing about this ! I am sure you've been around me long enough to put the pieces together and know as much as you need to without me having to say it ... why it has to be so fucking difficult for you to just work with me on this one ?... why?"

"Because the things I saw in your file Lando! I'm scared one day I will look back and realize I was the one who ruined your life , we both know my father wouldn't have taken interest in you if you weren't dating me!.... And I told you all of this and you didn't even so much as flinched" My voice becomes shaky , I'm on the edge of crying. I can feel the tears threatening to escape my eyes.

It feels like a beatbox is inside my head... with every word I say, my headache kicks in ten times stronger.

Probably I should sit.

"Ruin my life?" He laughs... " I ruined my own fucking life Yanique ... everything inside that file is literally all me and there is even more they are yet to figure out too. Eventually time would catch up on me babe , when yuh live a certain lifestyle yuh just ave fi expect anything ... suh di least yuh can duh fi mi is mek mi protect yuh, the only gud person weh fawud ina mi life ! Mi cya duh dat if yuh have all dem question ya bout mi street life....Trust mi babe I'm not doing anything to put you or our child is harms way... promise yuh Dat" his voice is low and raspy. The way he looks at me is enough to convince me I need to drop this,he looks defeated and desperate for me to finally give in.

I just want to reach over and hug him , I now feel bad that all I was able to think about is how much this is affecting me and our little family that we are about to start but I wasn't thinking about him. I've been around him long enough to know he is pretty good at hiding his emotions so not getting a reaction out of him earlier shouldn't have led us down this road.