Chapter 70

Lando's POV

"Lock up so we can cut" I tell her.

She is still comfortably seated in the couch. Doesn't seem like she is ready to leave but I am.
Wi shuda cut already.

"Lando" she calls me over to her.

I join her on the couch.

"You have anything to do with Mr. Brown's death?" She looks into my eyes,searching for her answer there. I sigh.

That's the last place she'll find them. My eyes are no longer the windows to my mind.

Although I must admit this is not how I was expecting this day to turn out.

"No" I lie, the first one since we've been engaged.

I wasn't planning on ever lying to her again, but this one I can't escape.Somehow my past keeps catching up on me.

My eyes travel to the diamond ring on her finger , it gives me the validation I need.

Just a little white lie....

The guy her dad is enquiring about is the person I paid Mr. Huggins to take out a few months ago.

"I'm worried that my dad is plotting against you to throw you in jail. What if ...." I stop her before she says another word. Her teary eyes triggers my anger, I clench my fist.

I feel so fucking useless right now , how one person can play on her emotions like this and I'm unable to do anything about it. It's like I've failed to protect her and it kills me !

Whatever choice I make , I'll still lose.

She wouldn't get over me killing her father and there is no way she wouldn't have the slightest thought that I had something to do with it if he shows up on the news anytime soon.

"Him only a try put fear ina yuh! Trust mi everything good. Mi aguh deh ya suh fi you and wi son"

Son.
We are having a son , my heart smiles.

Yanique's POV

His words put my mind at ease, at least for now. He said no more secrets and I believe him, even though I feel stupid to do so. Lando is like a book of secrets but this is a new chapter for us and I want to give him a fair chance to be the best version of himself for both me and our son.

"I love the ring, you did an amazing job choosing it" I say.

When you can't manage the heat in the kitchen it's best if you come out. I already sense where our conversation was going to and right now in this present moment I can't handle all that heat so I try to change the topic.

"Mi glad you love it" he holds my hand. I want to know when he first started planning the proposal , what the thought process was like selecting the ring ... all of that but I would rather have that conversation while laying next to him in bed. Besides , I'm spending the rest of my life with this handsome man next to me, I have time for all the questions.

"A mi first time in here ,mi like wah yuh do to the place" he looks around the four corners of the living room.

"Thanks" I smile.

Jessica and I really worked hard on this place.I'm pleased that he likes it, he's not easily impressed.

"Mi get seh this was your way of starting over , but mi cya help but noticing your house is only ten minutes drive from mine." He gives an arrogant grin and I blush!

I was hoping he wouldn't realize that.He has hit a spot I can no longer hide.

"I wanted you close , since I thought we would be coparenting" I tell him , which is close enough to the truth. I save myself from admitting that somewhere inside of me had faith in his return so I didn't want to be too far away from him.

"Mmmm... what I did was bad even though it was necessary and it didn't take away from your hurt , it only added to it. Cya tell yuh how sorry I am" he apologizes for the hundredth time.

I don't care where this new and improve Lando came from , but I'm definitely keeping him.

The tingling feeling inside my lower stomach pulls me closer to him and I sit on his lap.

I rub my hands down his perfectly structured cheekbone. His face is inches away from mine , I can feel his soft breathe on my skin. His lips crash into mine , and he begins dominating them.

I match his movement as I taste his tongue eagerly, trying to calm the hunger I have for this man.

He pulls away.

Ugghh! I hate when he leaves me craving for more and he can already sense how much I need him.

"We are spending the night in Negril, wi can fuck wen wi reach." He announces.

Wait ... what?

"Tonight?" I ask.

"Yes... it's our first night being engaged and I want it to be as special as it can be.Mi already book di place"

Remind me how did I get so lucky? He is so thoughtful.

"Babe I wish you would have said something to me earlier so I could pack a few stuff" I pout.

Ofcourse I would have loved taking outfits for pictures.

"Get what you need , it's a two hours drive so don't take too long"

It's already bad that I didn't get a two weeks notice that we're going to Negril, now he's telling me not to take long.

I quickly give him a peck on his cheek before I hurry to my closet inside my bedroom.

Where to begin ?

My adrenaline starts racing as I search through my clothes.

20 minutes later I'm finish packing my Steve Madden travel bag. Not bad at all for a last minute rush, but I must give it to Lando who came in the room every minute to reassure me that I'll look good in anything I put on.

Lastly I pack my makeup bag , a few colognes because I can't decide, deodorant, lotion. Few more girly items, along with stuff I won't use but I can't leave behind.

"Babe" Lando makes another appearance at the door.

"Almost done babe" I spin around the room looking for my.... Oh yeah, my jewelry.

He did say spend a night not a whole week, but you can never be too sure.

"Okay , okay I'm done now" I say as I grab my bag from the bed. He take it from my hand and begins to the lead the way.

I ensure that all the entrances are closed, lights are off and the alarm is set up before I join him inside the car and strap my seatbelt on.

Happy to see he's driving , gives me the time I need to rest. Lord knows I couldn't manage.

"You have everything right?" The annoyance in his voice tells me even if I didn't have everything it wouldn't matter.

"Yes" I answer not sounding too sure but whatever.

He speeds off.