*Chapter 56*

Yanique's POV

7:15 pm

"Five more squats , cool down and we are finished for the day" our trainer tells us.

I can hardly manage to do one more, I look over at Jessica for sympathy but instead she gives me a big grin.

I roll my eyes and attempt the squats.

Did I mention this is torture?

Oh yes I already did.

I'm the last one to finish, then I join Jessica doing the cool down stretches.

I need a milkshake.

"So I'll see you on Monday ladies" our trainer tells us when we are done.

Why does he always have to do this ? I'm starting to believe this is his guilty trick whenever he says this , it is his way of reminding us that we should show up and of course Jessica takes the bait.

"Definitely" she says before grabbing her gym bag.

I'm already set and ready to leave.

I lead the way back to the car , eager to get home.

I'm exhausted and craving milkshake.

"Can we stop at Burger King... I need a milkshake" I tell her as we get inside her car.

"Milkshake Yan ... you nuh just a come from di gym" she backs out of the parking lot.

"Yeah but I'm craving one" I give her a puppy dog face and she rolls her eyes.

I shouldn't have to explain this ... I'm pregnant!

"Alright ... alright ! Mi nuh able fi yuh start tell mi seh di baby upset." She laughs.

I was just about to resort to that , thank God I don't have to.

"So are you planning on calling Lando to find out why his friend needs to be following you around ?" She curiously ask.

"Yes... that's the plan as soon as I get home" I say while checking my email.

Nothing as yet.

I feel slightly disappointed but I have time. I don't need to be so hard on myself. I think no one talks about how challenging it can be to get a good internship , studying is just one thing but getting your career started is the next.

I then realize Miss Wright left me a message , inviting me to church, Jessica has already beat her to that. It's so odd being invited when I was once an active member. I haven't lost faith in God, I sorted lost faith in church somehow.

Probably just too scared of being shunned like what my parents did to me.

I have been silent for most of the drive. We stop at BK and as usual the drive thru line is never long, I don't see why people don't like BK and it's so good. We place our order , then collect our food and get moving.

Jessica decided to get a milkshake too...mmmm!

Miss fitness junky has realize the grass is greener on the other side.

She pulls up to my house.

"See you tomorrow" I hug her and give her a smooch on the cheek before I exit the car.

"Are you driving or I should pick you up?" She ask before I close the car door.

"I'll drive... remember Patrice will be staying here after church for a few hours, and I might visit Miss Wright house for dinner"