*Chapter 80*

Yanique's POV
2 week later

This is my third visit to the hospital in the past two weeks the biggest irony is I practice medicine and love the idea of saving lives but I can't stand the smell of hospitals.

I guess we can't always have it all.

I sit inside the doctor's office , pressing my legs together to restrict my pee. I've grown impatient and every minutes that goes by makes me feel like I'm chocking on fresh air.

The door opens and I quickly attempt to hide my nervousness.

The doctor walks in , carrying a folder in his hand. His smile is pleasant but being a nurse makes me aware that a pleasant smile doesn't necessarily means good news.

"I have the results, are you sure there isn't anyone you'd wish to call?" Mr. Walters sits at his desk.

I've went the extra mile to find a new doctor that I thought is best for me and the baby. Not that there was any issue with my previous doctor , besides from her being close friends with Lando.

I want this to be discrete for many reasons.

I take a moment to think it through again.

"No" my voice breaks .

I'd love to have Lando here but the joy that he has expressed when he first found out I am pregnant is enough for me to know any bad news would ruin him.

"Okay let's proceed. The baby is not doing so well and I'm afraid we'll need to do the surgery. The issue is the placenta is not growing as it should and as a result of that the baby isn't getting enough nutrients, the quicker we get him out is the better for both of you. Afterwards, keeping him inside an incubator would be the best way to monitor his growth."

I try to steady my breathing , I've learnt a lot throughout my time studying the human body that means I very much comprehend what he said but I don't think anything in this world could prepare me for such news.

I close my eyes and the tears escape. I can't begin to understand how a moment this precious has managed to change into something so devastating.

Whoever said life is unpredictable, did not lie.

On the religious side I feel defeated, I've prayed. I've went on fasting but nothing seems to be going in my favor.

"Miss Mitchell?"

"Yes, so he'll be born premature?" I find the courage to ask , already knowing the answer but these days I seem to question my judgment on everything.

Even how I could possibly cause this upon myself and our baby who I already love more than life itself.

"Yes but we both know his chances of getting healthy and strong looks pretty good once we get the surgery done and it's a success"

"Where did I go wrong ?" I ask underneath my breath , more of a thinking out loud moment.

The doctor's eyes hold sympathy for me.

"I can't give you a scientific explanation but we see these conditions more frequently in women who undergo a certain level of stress during pregnancy. Especially first timers.. these surgeries are most times successful Miss Mitchell"

Stress ???

Even being called by my father's surname makes my skin crawl, I can feel nothing besides pain from knowing that my family has tried countless times to take away every bit of happiness I have.

If I've ever had a reason to stress it would definitely be because of them, but never would I thought it would affect me and my child this much.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and my anger is causing me to try and find someone to blame.

Lando's POV
Negril, Jamaica
4:37 pm

"You'll need to make an appearance , Mr. Fernandez is looking forward to meeting with you and he is a bit old fashioned so I'm afraid zoom wouldn't be the best way to close this deal" says my assistant.

We have been standing in the parking lot for roughly 10 minutes , work keeps following me everywhere I go.

Jah know all mi want right now a fi bun a big head spliff then lay dung wid mi woman and rub her stomach.

I wasn't looking forward to leaving the country anytime soon for many reasons ,the main one being that Yanique is heavily pregnant. No money in this world would be enough to pay someone to take care of her the way I would approve when I'm gone.

"Set a date" I tell her.

"Okay I'm on it" she nods before walking away to her car. I get back inside my Jeep. The thought of who would be best fit to represent me in the meeting weighs on my mind throughout my journey back to Montego Bay.

Then another problem sticks out ,I need to find someone who speaks fluent Spanish , this meeting will be held in Dominica since that's where I'll be purchasing the land and then the solution to my problem pops up inside my head.

Lawrence.

I dial his number and put the phone on speaker.

"Yow broski?" He answers.

"Mi need yuh fi deal wid a mission fimi G" I say while surfing through traffic.

"What's the pree mate?"

"A meeting in Dominica , yuh know mi cya think bout travel until Yan give birth. Mi aguh show yuh di full hundred , yuh still deh a foot?"

No call from Yan, lately she doesn't even act like herself. It makes me even more eager for her to give birth , mi cya keep up wid di pregnancy hormones.

"Yeah mate. Just give me a shout.  I'll be here"

"Ah" I end the call.

I take a minute to reflect, can't believe it all now.

From scamming to ah 6 figure business owna.

From di struggle of paying tuition fee to now buying mi own piece a land in another country fi expand , feel like a bloodclaat dream.

Without a doubt mi yute future sure.

The first person I want to share the news with is Yanique.Recently we have begun sharing common goals since she got started with turning her house into an AirBnB.

So fucking proud of her and how far she came.

Mi remember the day she lef di bird nest and decide fi start tek on life by herself. Time move real fast and Jah know mi thankful fi every single milestone wid her.

I dial her number.