*Chapter 29*

In loving memory of Kemar aka Fry yiy 🙏🏾🕊

Lando's POV

Jashii -born fighter starts playing and the selector cuts the music to make an announcement , "Big up all a di Marksman dem ina di place , yuh done know one link , one orda! ....one bomboclaat Don.... Deh one ya ave fi all a di real born fighta"

The music starts again and di man dem start railing as the words 'dem just kill mi friend , a weh dem wah duh mi...'leave di speaker boxes. The roar gets louder and then the selecta replays the music.

"RIP mi bredda Fry yiy !!!" I hear Ziggy shout on top of his voice before he starts singing along passionately to the words of the song. His emotions are evident because the lyrics are relatable. Most of us can attest to that.

The chanting gets louder as others join in and even start banging against the zinc fence.A few more vehicles starts pulling up to the venue.

I know this is my cue to leave.

"Yow Busshead mek di man dem know mi a liff up" I remove my hand from around Yanique and she gives Jada a tight hug before holding on to my hand.

"Mek mi escort yuh out Balla" he says to me and I waste no time in leaving the venue , hailing a few of my bredgins on the walk out.

As we get to the car I hear the song change to Aidonia - Bad man salute and just like that within seconds gun shots starts firing rapidly in salute to Fry yiy.

My blood runs cold , I would join the tribute for my real dwag but Yanique is here and she already appears to be afraid of what is taking place.

We get inside the car and I drive off with a few more vehicles behind me.

Saturday 9:00 am

Work out done.

Breakfast done.

Feed max.

Shower.

Yanique is still busy organizing the clothes inside the closet, I strongly believe she has OCD . No way someone should take this much pride in folding clothes that will be unfolded soon.

I look over at her, we seem to always have so much to do lately and a weekend together isn't enough to cover it all. Still haven't gotten a chance to fuck her.

She fell asleep as soon as we got in last night which spared me the from the millions of questions I know she has.

I want to take her out for dinner after our doctors appointment but she says her dad wants to meet with her, I'm not the happiest about it but I guess it will make her happy to see her family besides I have to attend Fry yiy's funeral and I have absolutely no interest in taking her along.

Simply because police will be watching us like hawks and she doesn't need to be there in case anything happens.

"Babe ... give that a break and get something to eat please" I tell her. She has been going at it for awhile now.

"I don't feel that hungry, all I feel for is soup" she says not looking at me and still organizing the clothes. I think she's doing jeans now. I have more jeans than I can count so that's gonna take awhile.