Chapter 96

Lando's POV

Friday 6:00pm

Bull Bay , St. Ann

It has been a few hours since Yanique has landed in Canada with our son. She last notified me that she is at the apartment now and trying her best to settle in.

It is a relief to know she is where I want her to be , that way I know she is safe and I don't have to worry about her or our son as I take on this journey tonight.

I have assured her that I'm in Negril finishing up with work , it has been awhile since I've lied to her but it doesn't make me feel any less guilty. I just know she wouldn't understand my motive here in St.Ann.

I close my eyes and chant psalms 25:11

"Yuh ready?" Busshead touch my shoulder and I open my eyes. I take another look at my surrounding, taking in the familiar faces that I once thought I would never be around in this very circumstance again.

It's around 12 of us here, guys I haven't seen in years. Some fresh out of jail and ready to go back right now, others don't have a care in this world and take pleasure in avenging their Don.

I, on the other hand with a fiancé and a son awaiting my presence at home but my heart aches for my great lost as pathetic as it sounds I wish I could walk away but destiny has given me no choice. I just hope my family will be my anchor to keep me alive tonight.

I then look at the MAC -11 resting on my waist, "Yeah" I say.

Deh strap ya have 15 duppy and tonight it might end up wid 20.

"Round up di bomboclaat car dem!" Clarks shouts and everyone start boarding the vehicles. I get on my Bike and speed off.

It takes us less than 10 minutes to pull up to Huggins hide out spot.

Jada already notified me that him suppose to fly out tomorrow morning so him bat ave fi fly tonight. Not another hour breathing air while mi a plan fi cremate mi dead breda .

I get off the bike and loud up di place wid rapid shots fired from my strap as I enter the premises. I have around 10 minutes to maths di crime and get out.

I must commend the JDF for choosing this area, I wouldn't guess that they'll have him staying inside a Motel but just like dem bloodclaat prime minister we can find anybody even if a unda dem mada dem a hide.

This time everything feels different, there isn't an ounce of fear nor doubt inside me. I am hungry for this and way too high off the weed to process all my emotions.

Feeling the gust of the wind makes me intact with the moment, my mind is in full alert and my adrenaline pumps.

"Police ! Pussy come out nooowww!!" Jason hits the door with his gun.

"Kick it off" I fire a few shots through the windows, they shatter and right away shots are returned.

Jason falls to the floor on his belly to shield himself behind a wall. We engage in crossfire for a while, it seems like there are around four to five men inside.

The place is pitch black, making it difficult for me to see them but I'm not leaving without my kill. The shooting stops for around a minute , I know they are reloading but I have enough shooters so we keep going until the door falls off the wall and I am finally inside the motel room.

I spot an image and I prefect my aim then shoot. One down!

"See di pussyole ya!" I hear a voice say and before I could look around to see who another shot is fired and my skin burns!

Fuck! I can't tell where I am bleeding from or how severe it is but I know I've been shot.

My whole body now feels like I'm swimming in lava.

I return fire , "Tun on di light !!!! Unu tun on di bomboclaat light!!!" I yell.

"Balla move !" I hear Busshead and afterwards the heavy gunfire locks off my hearing  and I get lost in what is going on around me, the light comes on and I see around 3 dead bodies laying on the floor of an ambushed living room. Everyone seize fire but still on their guard .

More spenshell on the floor than rice grain ina bag.

But I don't see him! I don't see Huggins!

"Weh Huggings! Search di place !" I shout

Suddenly I hear the police sirens and I know I only have less than a 4 minute to get out but I'm not leaving.

"Balla blue suit a fawud" Busshead warns me.

Him betta nuh cross mi right now, I will not repeat myself. I aim my gun and the first door I see I kick it open.

Huggins coward face makes my heart flatter in delight. He holds is hands above his head surrendering and I exercise my trigger finger.

The first two bullets through his hands, I step closer.

The siren sounds get louder.

Another bullet through his leg and he falls to his knees. I stand before him.

"Mek sure yuh eye dem lef open!" I point my gun to his forehead and decorate the walls with his brain.

I don't stop until my clip his empty and I'm even more tempted to load it and go again.

"Balla! We ave di move noooowww!!!"

"Yow Clarks ! Chop off di head and carry it wid yuh" Busshead informs him.

We need eh fi burry ina di yaad.

We exit through the back door and I hear the sound of tires burning as the police vehicles pull up, another second later and it would have been too later for us.

I hope they like the art we lef inside for them.

My adrenaline lowers and the pain in my lower stomach creeps up on me. As soon as I realize that is where I've been shot , my mind processes it fast and the pain begins growing more intense.

Fuck!

My head gets light and my eyes become heavy , I struggle to keep sight of where I'm going. I close my eyes for a quick second and I see Laden smiling at me.

After all my family is my anchor.