*Chapter 25*

Lando's POV

"Babe leave it nuh" Yanique whines before she slightly slaps my wrist. I quickly pull away my hand from the plate of fry dumplings, lucky enough to grab one from the fresh batch.

"Alright ...alright .." I throw my hands up in the air in my defense before I feed my face.

She giggles at my reaction.

"I'm almost finish and if you keep on hide and take out di dumplings then we won't have any to eat with the stew chicken" she tells me as she takes the last batch of dumplings from the frying pan then turns off the stove.

With her back now facing me I'm fighting the thought to snatch away a few more.

"Don't even try it" she says , reading my mind.

I laugh at how accurately she reads me.

My phone vibrates on the counter before it starts ringing . I don't mind getting back to whoever is calling later, right now I want to enjoy the perfect sight of my baby mother cooking inside my kitchen.

This still feels like a fucking dream, one that I don't mind never waking up from.

She looks at the phone and then at me ,puzzled. She is now concerned why I'm not interested in taking the call.

I reach over to the phone and check the Caller ID.

It's my promotion manager ,Miss Davison. I recently hired her, Lawrence thinks it's a waste of money but I don't share the same sentiment besides I'm looking to start hiring more so I can have enough time to spend with Yanique and our child.

Miss Davison must be calling to inquire about the emails I sent her earlier about the upcoming events at the restaurant but I'm pretty sure I was as concise as possible.

I groan inwardly , knowing I need to take this call.

"Everything okay?" Yanique asked realizing the displeased look on my face . She then turns around and takes two plates from the cupboard.

Feels like just yesterday she didn't know her way around the house and now look at her , making my place feel like hers too and I'm loving every bit of that.

Pussy whipped too...

"Yeah, mi ago tek deh call ya... business" I tell her,instantly answer my phone.

Yanique's POV

"No we can't have such a big event on such short notice , I suggest we stick with brunch on Sundays... I'm not risking such a lost" I hear him say to the person on the other side of the call. His voice is a lot more harsher than I think it should be for a formal conversation but this is Lando, easily irritated.

I continue sharing our dinner , trying to distract myself. It feels so rude eavesdropping on his conversation ,so to avoid doing so my mind trails back on his reaction this morning.

Such a precious moment. I find myself blushing unwittingly.

"Wah sweet you?"Lando asked me as he makes his way towards me. He seems a lot more relaxed now that the call has ended.