Chapter 92

Lando's POV

"Ya fi hold him head too" I tell my brother who is struggling to hold Laden in his arms.

"Mate I had no idea this was so bloody hard? You sure you don't need a nanny to help you out?" He laughs.

"Naaa, not as yet... just a gwan enjoy some family time first" we are now left alone inside the room , I think Yanique is cooking and unpacking her millions of things she bought.

I thought she was just gonna grab a few things.

I look at my brother and my son, I want this for him too.

Despite every fucking thing, Lawrence nuh suh hard fi fix. Mi just know dis ah neva di life wi hope fah and if mi mek it out den Jah must can find a way fi dweet fi him too.

"Gwan back a England bro , breeze di place and mek mi deal wid Huggings. Mi ave a plan and yuh cya fuck that up. Just give mi time fi maths it"

I really do believe in my plan , I think it is much more effective than going around killing his family members to seek revenge.

"The only thing make sense right now is for you to let me end this and you take your family and go. You don't have a criminal record Balla, can't you see this type of life; having a wife, a child, legitimate business. You were cut out for it mate , I'd be damn to make you ruin what you have going on. One of us have to make it out and that's you. Forget the plan... it is gonna happen my way" Lawrence tells me .

I sit and watch as he plays with Laden. There is far too much going on and so much more meaning behind every word he has spoken.

Mi heart race in a mi chest.

"Yuh know mi ave yuh head back?" I ask him.

"Always" he smiles and place Laden back inside his crib.

"Take care a yuh self" I heartily say.

"Alright lova bwoy" he grins and hugs me.

Yanique's POV

"Sis mi a move" Lawrence says to me and I feel disappointed.

"I thought you were staying for dinner" I sulk.

"Have to be somewhere now , next time" he hugs me.

His mannerisms is always so admirable , I mean when you look at him you would probably think otherwise but  he is truly the most polite and jovial person you can think of.

"Bro ..." Lando walks over to him and  they hug, the brotherly affection these two share is commendable, at the same time only them can understand each other so well.

"You turned my brother soft" Lawrence laughs.

Lando playfully hits Lawrence shoulder and they tassel together through the door.

I giggle.

7:19pm

We had dinner , watched a movie and struggles a few times with calming Laden's tantrums. Both of us are now exhausted and ready for this day to be over.

There are just a few more things that need to get done first , Monday is my first exam and the more I think of it is the more I feel anxious. I begin packing Laden's bag for his pediatrician appointment which is also tomorrow and I feel awful not being able to take him.

I know Lando will do an amazing Job .

As I pack a change of clothes for him I remember he will also need a blanket and diapers , you can't be too sure when it comes on to a baby.

I've also saw this video on TikTok where a lady packed a mini fan and I thought it was very considerate because babies tend to cry for the simplest things, like getting too hot.

I'm all done now and it's time to pack my stuff for a week in Kingston. A week away from my family , oh no!

I constantly have to tell myself it's for the best and only for a matter of time.

Just as I'm about to put away the bags I come across the box I've been hiding inside the closet since I got back home. I almost forgot about it !

I take it to Lando who is busy watching football highlights as he relaxes on the bed

He curiously looks up at me.

"Wah dis ?" He sits on the edge of the bed and pulls me between his legs. He burry his head on my chest.

What's wrong?

I rub his head.

"Open it"  my excitement glows.

He finally opens the box and I know he wasn't expecting me to give him such a gift.

He chuckles.

"A Bible" he says unable to hold back on his laughter.

"Yes, I thought you should have your own" I beam.
"Consider it as your first birthday gift , there are many more to come babe"

He hugs me.

"Pray to your God for me" he says in a whisper and his worry eyes stare at me , I feel shivers through my body. I wish he would tell me what's troubling him, nevertheless I feel blessed to know he can now find some kind of relief in prayer.

There was once a time he would ridicule me for praying over our meals.

"Father as we come into your presence once more , I thank you for your grace and mercy that has carried us thus far. I place all our worries and fears into your hand , asking you to release us from such heavy burden. Condemn every evil tongue that rise against us, take full control of our lives. Cover us under your wings. Thank you lord. Amen"

I open my eyes and look at Lando, his eyes are still closed. His breathing becomes heavy and face hold a great deal of pain, his muscles extremely tight.

"Thanks for the gift" he open his eyes.