Chapter 60

Lando's POV

I kiss my mother on her cheek before I follow Yanique to her car. She doesn't bother to stop, can't play this silent treatment game with her. I would rather her stop and say what's on her mind.

But this is Yanique I'm dealing with, she have to put up a fight before she decides to break down her walls.

I'm mesmerized by the way her wide hips sway has she walks.

Di way dis pregnancy weight fit her mi woulda breed her as soon as she finish giving birth and recover.

"Come home wid mi" I hold the car door to stop her from shutting it.

"I have a home" she place the envelope in the passenger seat neat to her then turns around to make eye contact with me.

"Mi neva did a ask ...mi want yuh a my place" my voice comes out raspy . I meant to say it in a much more mellow way but I'm growing impatient.

"You never ask, you always tell. Remember?" She sass

Her attitude is ten times worst than what I remember.

"Babe.... Please .... Mi ave sumtings mi need fi tell yuh , wi ave a lot to discuss suh fawud mek wi start. Di sooner , di better. Any questions yuh ave mi willing fi ansa tonite, Yan mi wah di deh fi yuh and mi yute suh please babe nuh let guh. Mek wi reason it out fuss"

I remain standing at her car door , hoping she find it inna herself fi gi mi di time mi need.

I don't wish to resort to any other action, but the way I'm desperate I would do anything to stop this car from moving tonight.

She looks at me for a few seconds before she agrees to stay for the night.

That's music to my ears.

Di way mi fraid she style mi, mi decide fi run di risk one more time and let her drive me back to my place. My car will be good here , I can pick it up in the morning.

I get inside her car then text my mum to let her know I'm leaving my car at her place for the night.

Yanique's eyes are fixed on the road as she drives , humming to the song playing on the radio.

She really decide that by any means necessary she nuh inna nuh chattings wid mi.

I look down at her stomach, I've missed a lot.

Fucking months that I can't get back , I really don't plan on leaving her side ever again. I've been searching for the light in her eyes , and I'm yet to see it. I realize how much I've hurt her, leaving was just the last string for her.

Only if she would understand why it was needed to be done.

Few minutes later we arrive , it felt like the longest drive back to my place and I can't tell if I've ever been this anxious to see these gates open. She pulls into the garage and parks. Max starts barking as soon as he sees us. I've already received my welcome from him earlier, I think it's Yanique he's excited to see once again.

When she gets out of the car he circles her while wagging his tale.

"Heeey max.... Miss Reid has certainly did a good job taking care of you" she pets him before we get inside.

Yanique's POV

I take off my sneakers at the door . This house holds so much memories, both good and bad.

I sit on the couch, this is one of the moments when I don't know what move I should make next.

So I stay still and gather my thoughts first as I wait on him to make the first move.