*Chapter 39*

Yanique's POV
4:40 pm
Kingston

I open the door and we enter inside my apartment.

As expected, it's just the way I left it ...clean and smelling like air freshener.

"Babe you haven't been here since the day you helped me move in... sooo what do you think, you like what I did to the place?" I ask Lando as I double check to see if my front door is locked, it's an habit of mine. I probably picked it up from watching too many scary movies.

I take off my sandals and my barefoot pressed against the cold marble tiles.

Now I feel at home.

"Mi like di furniture placement and the plants are a good statement piece but something is missing though" he respond.

"What?" I furrow.

"A picture of me" his lips curl up in a smile and he looks around in search of his picture.

"You don't take pictures ...remember?" I giggle . The only pictures I have of this man are the ones I snook around and took.

"But your gallery says otherwise .. you don't think mi know bout di one dem yuh tek when mi a sleep. Wahmp to dem deh?" He sits in the couch and pulls out his laptop from his bag.

Well he brought work with him. I kinda feel disappointed but he's here nevertheless so I'll work with it.

"Patrice is coming over to study babe, you sure you don't want to take your work to the bedroom so we don't disturb you?"

I bypass his statement about my gallery because I don't want to know why he was looking in my gallery even though it would be interesting to hear his answer.

He looks over at me in pure disappointment.

"How many of your friends know where yuh live?"he ask in a monotone.

He removes his hat then scratches his head before putting it back on. He then gestures for me to sit next to him by patting the available space in the couch. I walk over and sit then cross my legs over on his lap and he starts massaging my feet.

I didn't know I needed this until now.

It feels so relaxing.

"Mmmm, just her. Why?"

"Noting ... just curious .When a yuh final exams?"

He gives a better massage than the ones I get at the spa, Vanessa needs to up her game or else I'm switching to Lando on Thursdays.

"In a few months" I say, not knowing the exact date.

It's utech ... you never know the exact date for anything.

"Then after Dat? Wah di plan ... still Canada" he slows down his hand movements to look over at me. I didn't put much thought into what I'll do after college since I found out I am pregnant, which was just the other day.

Canada has always been the plan but now since I'm carrying our child I don't think family wise it would be the best thing for us.

"You still haven't given me an answer if you're gonna take me up on my offer and study here.The money is still resting in your account untouched. So if money isn't the problem then what is Yanique?"he then ask , sounding austere,he stops massaging my feet and now his full attention is on me.

We make eye contact.

Do I even want to know how he knows the money is still in my account, untouched?

I can sense an argument coming and we have been going at it for awhile now, I'm not up for it.

He really needs an answer now and I can't give him one. I don't want our child growing up thinking I gave up on me dreams because I got pregnant and Lando would never agree to moving to Canada with me, besides I couldn't ask that much of him.

My house phone rings and saves the day. I immediately know it's the security because that's the only time I get a call on this phone. Which means I have a visitor, Patrice.

"Patrice is early...babe I'm gonna take this call, can we finish this conversation tonight" I quickly get up and run for the phone.

"Mmhhmm" he murmurs and then leave the room with his laptop and his duffel bag.

I pick up the phone just in time to not miss the call.

"Miss Mitchell are you expecting a Patrice Brown today?"the guy on the other side of the line asked me. He sounds annoyed, I hope Patrice isn't giving him hell.

"Yes I am... you can send her up"

"Alright no problem" he tells me and I hang up. Patrice absolutely hates being stopped at the gate because she had a bad encounter with one of the security guard and almost called her uncles to deal with him. Something about her always calling her people dem from Ambrook Lane whenever she is in trouble.

I begin straightening up the couch then I suddenly hear a knock on the door.

"Police" Patrice says in her fake man voice.

I open the door and she is dying with laughter before she comes in.

"Suppose a did real police , yuh nuh fraid?" She starts putting down her million bags on the table. Why she even need this many bags?

"Why would I be? I'm not wanted" I say truthfully.

"You're so close to being a person of interest when I'm done telling you what I did to Mr. Wayne. Police suppose to a look fi mi now"she jokes but I don't laugh because I know she is dead serious about doing something to her ex.

This is Patrice I'm dealing with.

Mi know she lose couple screw.

"Wah yuh do now?" I sit around the dinning table with her.

"Keyed his car, bleached his clothes..Mi just a come from him yard girl dats why mi ave so much bag and pan. Mi guh fi mi tings dem and yuh know mi na lef wid out a bang!" She slams her hand on the table to give a loud effect. I swear she is so dramatic.

She starts laughing, her laugh is contagious I can't help but joining in this time but this is such a serious matter.

"Patrice what if him come here fi yuh" I say through laughter. We should definitely be taking this a lot more serious.

"Afta mi neva run weh! Mi walk out... and sloooow-ly too ... so if him did wah duh someting den why him wuda wait until mi lef?"

She takes out her textbooks and flash cards from her Luis Vitan handbag.

I turn around to walk to my room so I can grab my books. I'm suddenly greeted by Lando who is now looking over my shoulder at Patrice.

"Lef mi charger" he says and then takes it from the couch and return to the room.

Oh.My.God!

Lando really didn't acknowledge my friend?

He didn't even stay long enough for me to introduce them, I feel so embarrassed by his rudeness.

I walk back to the room and take my books from the shelve.

"Lando you could've at least said hi" I tell him while standing at the door.

"I will before she leaves"he tells me while his eyes are still pinned to the laptop screen. I take my stuff then return to the living room.