*Chapter 28*

Lando's POV

"All my businesses are legit , my paperworks can prove that. The money was taken from the bank and scamming money was used to repay the bank which makes it look good on paper as suspected the business makes enough to pay loans if that's up for questioning too"

I say in a flat tone before I check my phone for the tenth time to see if Yanique has replied to any of my messages.

She had her phone in her hand when I left so how the fuck she nuh see mi messages?

I can't believe I'm at a meeting in the middle of this event but the reason behind it is mind blowing and definitely urgent too.

Jah know..

"Your files are being looked at Mr Hamilton as of now I can't tell why you are being suspected for lottery scamming and why the sudden interest. All I can say is there is a new leader at the table , news is that he has been recently promoted and your case is the first high profile case he wants to take on as he insists he can gain enough evidence to arrest you" Mr Huggins tells me.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and toss the phone on the table. I went from finding out I'm a father to finding out I'm being suspected for several criminal activities and it is only soon they'll want to carry me in for questioning.

"Mi pay yuh enough bloodclaat money , more than the government can afford to and you can't come with a name ! , you understand my little brother's life is at stake ! I need a name and I need one by tomorrow morning!" Lawrence shouts and slams his hand on the table.

I share the same feeling as Lawrence right now , very angry and frustrated but my reaction is the opposite from his.

I don't know why I'm this calm or why the only thing I can think about is how to say all of this to my woman.

How will I look her in the eyes and tell her she might raise our child alone. What kind of man I would be?

Fuck!

I chug the entire cup of Hennessy, now regretting that I didn't get something a lot more stronger.

"I'll working on that Boss. I'll make sure this is handled before it reaches any further as I always do. Get a name and make the kill, simple... nothing to worry about" Mr Huggins says.

My eyes search the room , filled with rage. I can't find words to express this feeling, I slam my fist into the wooden table leaving a dent in it before I get up.

I have never been of interest to this fucking system!

All of this makes me feel like him. Like my father!

This is probably my fucking karma for being a ruthless murder or scamming people to pay my tuition and selling leads to pump money I don't necessarily bloodclaat need anymore.

"Give us a minute" my brother tells Mr Huggins and he leaves the room.

As soon as the door closes my brother walks over to me. "Bro , this is something we can fix...I'll get a name and get rid of whoever is behind this. I'll pay more than a fucking million if I have to, just to make sure your name is out of that system for good" he says meaning every word and I know he'll stand on it until it is done but it doesn't feel like enough.

It is not enough.

"I have a child on the way" my voice comes out in a sigh.

Disappointed in myself , my eyes doesn't leave the floor.

"What! ... Yanique pregnant?" Lawrence ask cheerily.

This is not the way I wanted to break the news to my family.