*Chapter 44*

Lando's POV

She enters the bathroom and shuts the door.

"Okay...what should I wear?" She shouts . Yanique is always worry about the wrong things , like this.

"Comfortable clothes" I say digging through my bag for a shirt to change in. She already knows this will always be my answer whenever she asks me this question , which is quite often.

She mutters something underneath her breath, I already know it's a slick comeback to my response.

I smirk.

I change into a simple beat then spray my Versace cologne and put on my Movado watch.

I'm all set , Yanique enters the room and her eyes widen as soon as they spot me.

"You're already dressed!" She pats her naked body with the towel.

She quickly starts putting on her clothes and almost stumbles while pulling up her black tights.

"Be careful" I hissed, this isn't her first time being fucking clumsy.I can't have that.

I sit on the bed and watch her every move , now I see why she takes this long to get dressed. She isn't good at multitasking, and spends way too much time to pick an outfit. This is her third time changing blouse .

A decade later she is finally dressed in her black tights , black hoodie and sneakers.

Now she is on to her hair , luckily she doesn't spend much time doing it. It looks messy but in a good way.

"All set?" She ask me.

Can't be fucking serious...

"Longtime ... fawud" I pick up my car key.

We exit her apartment then navigate to the parking lot. I've learnt my lesson so this time I'm driving .

I get inside the car and she sits in the front seat next to me.

"So why a gun range at this hours ?" She questions me as I start the car engine. I can tell it's gonna be a long drive.

Good to see she's chatty again, my heart smiles.

"Noting, I'm in town for awhile so I just figured we could find fun in doing something I like"

This is for her , I don't need any practice in this department.

"Mmm..okay" she doesn't seem impressed. Bet if it was church she would've been doing cartwheels in the parking lot.

20 minutes later we pull up to the building , it's nothing fancy and by just looking at it you wouldn't guess what takes place inside but this is where the best shooters are made. I can attest to that, my dad brought me here for the very first time when I was thirteen years old. My uncle keeps this place running, but doesn't seem to do much work on the outside for whatever reason, just mainly focusing on the materials needed inside.

"The last time I saw you, you were as tall as my wheelchair" I hear Jeff's voice before I see his face.

"Mr. Jeff" I reach down to shake his hand.

He's certainly exaggerating about the height part but it has been a very long time since we've seen each other. He has a better relationship with my brother than I, which is expected since they keep in contact for business.

He chuckles before he looks over to Yanique who is now standing next to me, seeming mesmerized by this strange place.

"Hello... has he kidnapped you?" My Uncle asked her and she gives him a warm smile. I assume she doesn't know how else to respond to his dark humor.