*Chapter 37*

Lando's POV

I walk out of the kitchen and go to the bedroom, I need to give them time to talk and at the rate of how my mother is going she seem to already forget about church.

Like Yanique , she doesn't like to be late but I guess there is always a first time for everything.

I enter the room and sit at the edge of the bed.

Yanique is leaving today, which reminds me I need to fill her car tank , bring her car to the mechanic for service and get it washed afterwards .

Di three days fly off quick eeh!

Every time I think about us being apart it feels like there are tiny pieces of glass inside my chest.

A great sense of sadness sweeps over me and my shoulders droop.

This feeling is so fucking strange.

Never in my lifetime I thought I would feel this way , or commit myself to one woman like how I'm doing now but Yanique is surely enough for me and that's why I have to be careful of how I choose to deal with this situation at hand.

Mi cya fuck this up, mi ave too much fi lose.

I pick up my phone and dial Miss Davison's number.

"Good morning sir" she answers. I hope she isn't thinking I'm treating her any different from my other employees because I never do business on Sundays but desperate times call for desperate measures and right now I'm desperate to be with my woman.

"I need you to set up online meetings for this upcoming week at 12pm sharp, I won't be able to make it to Negril but the event must be successful, especially because this is our first brunch at the restaurant. Everything should go smooth." I get straight to it.

"Yes sir consider it done, anything else ?"

"Actually yes, make sure the tickets are sent out no later than tomorrow, the influencers appearance is good for promotion. Anything yuh nuh clear pan?" I ask.

I am taking a risk here by leaving the final touch ups in her hand, Miss Davison hasn't been working for me for long but her work ethics has been commendable so hopefully all goes well. She just really need fi do as I say and nothing nuh hard ina dat.

"Ahhmm... Tanaania , TC, pretty pretty and rebel , any last minute additions?"

"I don't do last minute additions Miss Davison , work with who is on the list... is that all?"

"Ye..yes sir.. that is all" she stutters.

I hang up and get Yanique's car key from the bedside table which was resting next to my ash tray.
I then take notice of my ash tray , it's only empty when she's here and the books on the shelves are organized too. I smile , my woman will always make her presence be known in every way.

I get back to the kitchen in search of Yan and my mom but they aren't there. I check the living room and still no sign of them.

I need to let them know I'm stepping out , but I don't intend to search the whole house.
I check a few rooms and then around the back yard , my heart flouts when I find them seated with their eyes close while holding hands.

I must have missed the invitation to the back yard worship. I stand for about a minute listening to them pray.

Now this is a moment I won't forget. I don't even bother interrupting, I decide to shoot her a message that I'm going on the road.

Need to be back in time with her car.

Yanique's POV

"Amen" I say when the prayer comes to an end.