*Chapter 79*

Yanique's POV
Lando walks away leaving just his mom and I standing.

"You should tell him the reason behind this fasting Yanique, overall he needs to know what's going on" she warns me wholeheartedly.

"I will , after I get back from the doctor's appointment tomorrow. I just need to understand more about what's going on first" I assure her and we hug before I see her off then walk back to the kitchen.

The past couple of weeks has been the best I've seen Lando and something tells me he can sense how happy we are now.

I fantasize about what the future looks like for us , the joy radiates through my whole body , this is the peace we deserve.

The tiredness starts kicking in after a few hours on my feet and I know in an instant that I need to sit so I quickly finish up with the cooking, using every energy I have left.

I walk to the living room and flop down on the couch.

Aaahhh!

I spend around twenty minutes trying to rest but my mind doesn't allows me. I can't hold back on the urge to do more research about what's going on with my body but I also don't want to rush. I think I should wait until my doctor's appointment tomorrow so that's what I decide on.

One thought leads to the next and I immediately start thinking about what to do with my house , I can definitely rent it for now but I must admit it makes me feel sad not to enjoy all the hard work I have put into getting it.

Turns out Lando was right , I can't have one foot in and the other foot outside. It's too much work but packing and restarting again will be even twice that.

If anyone knows how to give me the jump start I need to get going it's definitely Jessica so I dial her number. The phone goes to voicemail and my heart shatters a little , disappointed that I'll have to listen to my thoughts for another second when suddenly my phone begins ringing and my heart pumps in excitement that it's her returning my call.

"Hey boo" I answer.

"Mi never remember fi tek di phone off silent after church, what's up?" Jessica sounds busy with a task.

"Noting, I was just thinking it's time to move my things into Lando's house again but I have no idea how to start"

Why do I get the feeling that I'm always the bearer of bad news, I always have some unfortunate situations going on in my life.

"Just start, besides he's now your fiancé so I saw this coming soon"

I hear her parents in the background. Jessica is also here in Montego Bay for the Christmas holiday, we should definitely link up more often before this free time runs off and soon we'll be studying for final exams.

"Yeah me too but it still seems like yesterday we were decorating my house and now I have to put all that away" I sigh.

Life is unpredictable.

"You can't look at it from that perspective Yan, you are engaged and now about to welcome a child into this world so I think if anything , it's most definitely your blessing and time for you to appreciate it more. Pack a few boxes and close that chapter , life continues"

Now that I look at it from that point of view I must say , she is absolutely right. I need to get on this really soon and begin to ride this wave. Live more in the moment and enjoy what God has given to me.

As always one topic leads to another and before you know it I forgot about sharing dinner. The food must be a little cold.

It's unlike Lando to not time the pot and come asking questions. I wonder what he's up to .

"The party is this Saturday" I confirm to Jessica. Patrice is going all out for her 23rd birthday party , the whole event screams bougie and luxurious. I still don't know where I'll fit in but I owe it to her to show my support so I'll definitely be there.

Her partner is a famous party promoter so I can only imagine what the turn out will be like there , my anxiety is already through the roof thinking about it.

"Mek mi text her now and find out if she change the theme again" Jessica says.

Whatever the theme is I will still have a challenge finding something to fit into. I've reached the stage of my pregnancy where I'm no longer feeling sexy and I'm ready to pop anytime soon.

"Okay keep me posted , I'm gonna share dinner and check up on Lando" I stretch my legs , freeing them from cramps before I get up .

I feel like an old lady , pregnancy has definitely humbled me.

"Okay fiancé" she giggles.

"Love yuh" I say sounding out of breath by the time I get to the kitchen.

"Love yuh too" she hangs up .

Dinner is neatly plated in the next couple minutes, I did make sure to reheat the food first.

"Babe dinner time" I say as I approach the bedroom.

I hear his voice before I see him, he seems all caught up with work. I stand at the door admiring him as he speaks on the phone.

He slugs in his chair , the exhaustion becomes more evident. I walk over and stand behind him as I begin to massage his shoulders , I feel his muscles loosen up.

"Draft up that email and let me have a copy first thing tomorrow morning ... if we are gonna purchase Mr. Fernandez property then we need our proposal to be on point. Let him see what we are doing for tourism here in Jamaica, assure him we can do the same in Dominica. The goal is to sell our business idea. Give him a solid reason to believe that a property with such historical significance will still live through us"

He speaks with high hopes and so much confidence. You can always sense that he is passionate about what he does.

He ends the call and rotate his chair , now facing me he smiles and presses his chin against my chest.

"Come eat your dinner before it gets cold again" I hold his hand and lead him back to the kitchen.