*Chapter 40*

Lando's POV

"Yow ... mi deh Kingston area, mek mi get a car fi rent fi di week" I tell Busshead.

"Ahhh...my dwag dem can maths dat, send di location"

"Check yuh iMessage" I made sure I didn't send Yanique's address instead I used the AC Hotel. No way I would share any information about her with anyone, doesn't matter who.

"Yuh pack a suite fi di meeting but figet yuh car dwag?" Busshead laughs.

Meeting?

I didn't have any conversation with him prior to this one on the phone, and even if I were here in Kingston for a meeting Busshead would be the last to know simply because we don't share our whereabouts with each other unless him want mi fi deal wid a ting.

"Which meeting that?" I ask, sensing that he knows something that I don't.

"Oh ... ohhh mi tink yuh did aguh shub out wid di Don fi di meeting a Gordon house wid di politician bwoy dem."

Seems like Lawrence has his hands in the lion's mouth.

Even though my brother and I are not seeing eye to eye I knew he had something up his sleeve since he got here. No fucking way he is in the country for his birthday celebration, I know him too well to know making an appearance at his party isn't his style.

But why does he need to meet with politicians? We know better than to get ourselves mixed up with corruption.

He is a well calculated guy so every move he makes is done intentionally and accurately but I can't help my fuming curiosity about this one.

"Ohhh... na sah. Different settings mi deh pan. Link mi wen di vehicle deh a foot"

"Ahh ... nuh seh a wud man"

The call ends and I dial my brothers number immediately after.

He doesn't pick up so I decide to call it quits.

"Yanique mi suppose to get another point fi the last question!! It was partially correct!!" I hear Yanique's friend shout from living room.

Thought Yanique said she'll keep the noise down, they have been studying for around three hours and it's getting late. I think they are playing Q&A and Yanique's friend isn't pleased with the scores.

How much longer will she be here?

I'm starting to realize someone always pops up when Yanique and I have matters to discuss . I've seen her friend's thousands of bags and I hope she isn't planning on spending the night here since it would be awkward for Yanique to finish the conversation we had started earlier and I need an answer right now.

No fucking way she thinks she will move to Canada with our child. I need her here and I've given her reasons to stay.

Mi pretty much replace di offer she get fi di scholarship, so why di fuck she even need fi still consider moving !

Jah know.

Yanique walks into the room.

"Babe hand me that Chanel perfume on the dresser please" she stretches her hand out to me.

"Patrice insist that she won so this is her price" she then adds.

"Mi never insist... mi actually win fair and square" I hear her friend say and they both start laughing.

I hand her the perfume and she gives it to her friend.

"Eeh! Tek dis and come go home wid yuh thieving self"

I've never seen how she acts around this particular friend until now. I must say she is a bit more loosen up than when she is around Jessica and I like that.

The chemistry is different, after all her friend doesn't seem like a stuck up person.

The door closes then I'm alarmed by my phone ringing on the bed. I answer the call from my brother.

"Ya deal wid?"Lawrence ask.

"Wah di motive behind linking wid di politicians?" I cut straight to it.

Even over the phone I can still sense the tension between us , neither of us wants to partake in this conversation right now and I can tell he only called back to check if it's an emergency.

The line goes silent.

"Busshead tink mi did aguh push out fi di meeting suh him mek mi know wid out knowing seh yuh neva show mi di vibes" I clarify to get rid of the awkward silence.

"Mmmmhhmm...dat is for another time. Wah guh dung wid your father-in-law. No update mate?" He then ask.

I hear the loud thunder roar outside and suddenly the rain starts pouring. It was drizzling earlier , there are so many things I would like to do to Yanique during this weather but here I am playing detective while she's in the living room playing school with her friend who don't appear to realize it's fucking late.

"It's in the pipeline"

"Turn on di bloodclaat water and wash it out ... need fi handle your business before it handles you!" He yells and I clench my fist.

There's a thin line that is keeping us from resorting to violence and that line is brotherhood.

If it wasn't that he and I both know we would give into our anger.

As I'm about to say something Yanique walks into the room

"Babe I'm gonna take Patrice home , it's raining outside"

Now all my anger is channeled to her.

Wah di fuck she mean take her home ! Mi warn her about Ambrook Lane and now she wah tell mi to mi face seh a deh she aguh!

Where is di respect ?

I end the call abruptly and turn to her.

"Gimi di key , I'll take you" I say before I turn around to take my hoodie from my bag.

She closed the door behind her and then walks over to me.

"I don't need a chauffeur babe .... I am cable of driving her home" she tells me in a much too sarcastic and sassy tone that I don't like.

Not the time for this.

"Mi aguh need a liff fi guh AC Hotel fi pick up a vehicle so I'll drive you ... something wrong wid Dat?" I say in a much harsher tone than I maybe should have but... Yanique is really doing too much right now.

"I'll drive ... you can accompany us, afterwards I'll take you to the AC Hotel." She takes her umbrella from the closet and leaves the room.

Mmmm. Thicker skin?

I feel like I've been scold, I laugh before I follow behind Miss sassy Yanique. Where she guh find all this attitude ?

As if she never already have enough.

I need some weed if I'm gonna continue fighting this urge to fuck her on the couch.

Something about fucking her whenever she behaves this way makes me feel complete, the thought of seeing her seductive eyes makes my dick jump.

I need some pussy! Feels like a fucking year now.

I check my phone before I leave the apartment.

Busshead link is right on time , I've received a message that he's at the location.
I need to link Mr Huggins. The mission needs to be done no later than tonight.

We get inside the car and I can already tell I'll have to spend the next couple minutes listening to Yanique and her friend go on about a break up.

Writer's Note: I know I'm not on schedule as promise but I can assure you that I'm trying my best. Please remember to vote and leave your comments.
Thanks for being here 🤎🇯🇲

Btw guess which character I play in the book for a shout-out in the next chapter 🥳🥳