1| Pilot

Best friends share laughs, memories and inside jokes. They will always be honest and stand by your side no matter what. They wipe your tears, pick you up when you fall, and are forever a piece of your heart.

Early in the morning, at Jefferson Elementary, Zoey Francis was currently sitting in the school cafeteria with her best friends Shawn and Cory along with a kid from their class; Nicholas Bornihay.

Zoey Francis was a one of a kind person. She's sarcastic and lazy, but ultimately a good person. She's also generous and very loyal to her family and especially to her best friends Cory and Shawn.

Shawn Hunter was a deeply sensitive person. He's also contemptuous of most authority, after being let down by his elders for most of his life. He has a fear of abandonment and a difficulty letting others in.

Cory Matthews is witty, goofy, neurotic, and always willing to poke fun at himself. Friendly and approachable, he is very dedicated to his friends, family and girlfriend, often putting their happiness before his own. He's the guy who wants everyone to be happy and will put in the legwork to make that happen.

Zoey took a bite into her sandwich while Cory got up from the table and approached the vending machine on the other side of the cafeteria. He turned around and was faced with their teacher; Mr. Ferny.

Mr. Feeny was around sixty years old and is extremely professional. He's a wise teacher to his students and someone to look up to, he taught numerous life lessons to his students, which has greatly affected their lives.

Cory and Mr. Feeny continued to talk for a moment before Cory slowly made his way back to the table where his friends sat at.

"He's a teacher, man." Shawn stated simply when Cory sat sat beside him. "Keep raggin' on him, he's gonna make your whole sixth-grade year miserable."

"I'm gonna be miserable anyhow. At least this way, I'm taking him with me." Cory said.

Zoey couldn't help but smirk before her attention focused on Mr. Feeny, who was talking to an elderly woman that they didn't know.

"Hey, who's that?" She wondered.

Shawn, Cory and Nicholas all turned in their seats to face Mr Feeny and the mystery woman.

"I think she's new." Nicholas said.

"She must be new, she's talking to Feeny." Shawn joked.

"Okay... So how late did you stay up last night?" Nicholas asked Cory.

"Monologue." Cory said with a smirk.

"Monologue, first guest." Nicholas added proudly, trying to beat Cory.

Zoey huffed. "Monologue, first guest, bad sketch, funny zoo animals."

"Monologue, first guest, bad sketch, funny zoo animals... Steve Lawrence." Nicholas announced.

Shawn, Cory and Zoey gasped in shock.

"Woah!"

"Steve Lawrence!" Shawn exclaimed.

Then the bell rang throughout the entire school. Shawn, Zoey, Cory, and Nicholas sighed heavily before they stood up from the cafeteria lunch table.

Zoey frowned. "And there's the bell."

"Four hours till lunch." Cory said.

Zoey grabbed her books off the table before the four of them began to head off to class.

••••

In their class, Zoey was in the back row beside Shawn, who was sitting behind Cory.  The class was currently learning about Romeo and Juliet as Mr. Feeny picked out two student to demonstrate a scene from Romeo and Juliet.