125| Cutting the Cord

Cory and Topanga invited Shawn on a double date at Captain Randy's Coco-loco. The engaged couple sat in the restaurant with Shawn and his date.

They'd been spontaneous, full of fun and laughter, thoughtful and memorable. None of them included how Shawn liked to lay on the table with his head resting on his outstretched arm.

"I want to thank you guys for bringing us here. I'm having a really good time." Shawn said in a mopey voice.

"Yeah, me too." Kelly, Shawn's date agreed with a forced smile. "You know, I was a little worried about going out with Shawn at first because I heard he just ended a long relationship, and I thought he'd be a drag."

"He's not normally like this." Topanga said.

"Shawn's a ton of fun." Cory added.

Shawn didn't help as he let out a whine of complaint.

Topanga gave her fiancée a sharp look. "Talk to him."

Cory lifted his friend up by his shoulders. "Hey, hey. What's the matter, buddy?"

"I'm a little blue." Shawn replied with a frown. "It doesn't show, does it?"

"No! No, you are the life of the party. Everybody is thrilled to be with you." Cory assured him.

"Is it me?" Kelly asked, pointing at herself. "It can't be me. I'm adorable."

"You are. You're as cute as could be." Topanga responded.

"He must have really loved this girl." Kelly stated.

Shawn heart dropped at the mention of Zoey as collapsed back onto the table.

"Hey. Hey. Get up. You used to be so good at this. You were the king. He was the king!" Cory said, shaking his friend slightly. He then froze when someone caught his eye entering the restaurant. "Shawn, would it make you feel any better if I told you that Zoey's in the same place you are?"

"Maybe a little." Shawn replied, his voice muffled by his arm.

"Then cheer up. Zoey's in the same place you and with another guy." Cory announced.

Shawn lifted his head to watch Zoey enter with a man he'd never seen before and he lept into action. He quickly grabbed Kelly's chair, pulling it next to him and looped an arm over her shoulder.

"So, I say 'Feeny, if the sun never sets on the British Empire, when do they watch Letterman'?" Shawn said in a loud voice.

Then both Shawn and Cory let out forced laughs while Zoey and her date approached the table.

"Oh, ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho..." Cory laughed before glancing between Zoey and Shawn. "Oh, this is gonna be a long night."

Topanga turned to her friend and smiled. "Zoey! Of all the restaurants in Philadelphia, you chose this one."

"Well, what a coincidence." Zoey admitted awkwardly. She then gestured towards her date. "This is Mark"

"Hey, guys." Mark greeted them cordially.

Shawn stood up and shook his hand. "Hi, Mark, how are you? I'm Shawn. Good to meet you. This is Kelly, my date. That's Topanga and Cory, and this Kelly... my date. I understand that we have a potentially embarrassing situation here, but I hope we can all be mature and have a wonderful time. Zoey, it's always good to see you. Mark seems like a great guy. Enjoy yourselves. Have a good night. This is Kelly... my date."

"You, too, Shawn." Zoey replied warily. "Nice meeting you, Kelly."

Mark found two chairs for them. Zoey gave the group a sweet smile before she sat down with her date.