124| Santa's Little Helpers

It was the Christmas season.

In the dorm room, Topanga and Zoey were already folding their clothes, getting ready for the Christmas holiday before the dorm rooms closed. Topanga insisted that Zoey should spend her break over with the Matthews'.

The two girls walked into the Student Union to see Shawn making their way towards them.

"Merry Christmas, Shawn!" Topanga exclaimed happily.

"Hey, Merry Christmas." Shawn said and pulled her into a hug.

Topanga squealed as Shawn lifted her higher, chuckling as she laughed. When they pulled apart, Shawn turned to Zoey and you could easily cut the tension with a knife.

Zoey smiled tightly. "Hey."

"Merry Christmas." Shawn said, giving her a side hug before walking out of the Student Union.

"Thanks." Zoey muttered awkwardly. She turned to Topanga. "Maybe you should ask Cory if it's okay for me to hang out with you guys this Christmas."

"But now that Cory and I are engaged, Cory's family is my family. Why wouldn't you come to Cory's house for Christmas?" Topanga wondered.

"Because I hate being the third wheel." Zoey replied honestly.

Topanga huffed. "Oh, please. You know, you've been the third wheel with Cory and I for so long, I think of us as a tricycle. You know, without our third wheel, what would we be?"

"A bicycle?" Zoey guessed.

"You coming or not?" Topanga asked.

Zoey sighed. "I'll get my bags."

••••

Topanga, Cory and Zoey made their way over to the Matthews' house. Cory opened the door and walked straight inside while Zoey followed behind, waving at Mr. Matthews who stood in the living room, decorating the Christmas tree.

"Hey! We're home for the holidays." Cory announced happily. "Hope no one minds a few extra people."

"I'll get some sleeping bags." Mr. Matthews said as he began walking to the kitchen.

"Hey, sorry, I took so long, I-" Shawn began as he walked into the living room and immediately stopped when he saw Zoey.

Zoey's face fell when she saw her former lover standing a few feet away from her, holding onto a bag.

"Shawn, I didn't know you were coming." Zoey said anxiously.

Cory chuckled nervously. "Well... Topanga didn't tell me she invited Zoey, and I didn't tell you I invited Shawn. Ha! Nutty!"

"Cory, I'm going to kill you." Zoey growled quietly.

Cory turned to face her. "Listen, this is an innocent mix-up. I-I promise. But don't leave now, or Shawn will think it's because of him."

"I hate you." She told him.

"Hey, you know what? We're all friends here, right?" Cory asked as he dragged Zoey by the hand to meet up with Topanga and Shawn. "Friends who secretly love..." Topanga punched her fiancée in the side. "The holidays. And on the holidays, all that matters is that we're together, no matter how we really feel about each other."

Zoey let out an awkward laugh. She can feel the fear in her chest waiting to take over. Perhaps it only wants to protect her but there really isn't any danger. It sits there like an angry ball propelling me towards an anxiety I just don't need.

••••

With so many people in the house including Blake, Angela, Rachel, Eric, Cory suggested that the four of them go ice skating to get out of the way for a while. It sounded like fun, she Zoey's agreed as enthusiastically as everyone else.

It's My Life • Shawn Hunterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें