64| I Was A Teenage Spy

Zoey sat with Topanga and Shawn in a booth at Chubbie's when Cory approached them holding a pile of yellow fliers.

"Hey guys, this year's spring dance is a 50s sock hop. Like anyone would want to go to this." Cory scoffed, sitting in the booth beside Topanga. "Hey, Topanga you wanna go to this?"

"No." Topanga replied immediately.

"Of course not It's me, right? Just because we're not going out anymore you don't want to go out anymore. What's that about?" Cory questioned.

"Cory, it's about a decision we've made to just be friends and I don't think we should complicate that." Topanga answered patiently.

"Topanga, it's a dance.... in socks. What's complicated about that?" Cory wondered.

"You're the one who broke up with me. Don't you remember?" Topanga questioned.

'Of course I do." Cory replied, nodding his head. "I know exactly where we stand, and if you're not careful, I'll break up with you again."

"Cory, you've got to stop living in the past." Zoey told her best friend.

Topanga gave Cory a small smile before she got up from the booth and walked up the stairs out of the restaurant.

"They're right, Cor." Shawn stated.

"No, she's not, Shawn. Come on..." Cory trailed off before he looked at Shawn's drink. "Are you gonna finish that?"

"It's yours buddy." Shawn told him.

"Of course it is, because you're my friend, I'm your friend and Zoey's our friend. That's the way it will always be and there's nothing complicated about that." Cory said before he noticed Zoey's plate filled with fries.

Zoey smirked. "You want my fries, don't you?"

"Well, only if you're not gonna finish them." Cory replied sheepishly.

"I would usually say no but I'm feeling generous and I'm too full to finish." Zoey said as she handed him her plate of fries.

••••

"I was there, Mr. Matthews." Mr. Feeny told Cory as he stood in the middle of the Matthew's kitchen. "Communist witch hunts, mass paranoia, people diving under desks for fear the bomb was going to drop. It wasn't quit the happy days you think."

"Yeah, well, maybe you didn't have a good time but I bet I would have.." Cory replied as he plugged the microwave back in.

Then all of a sudden the lights flickered on and off until Cory had found himself in Chubbie's, or, at least, a place that looked like Chubbie's and stood beside a giant jukebox. A group of students that was dancing beside the jukebox turned and stared at him in annoyance.

"Hey, Howdy Doody, we're dancin' here!" A very familiar girl barked. "Why'd you pull the plug?"

"Oh, sorry." Cory apologized before he plugged it back in. He then stood there in confusion. "Wait a minute - Topanga. Is this the sock hop? Did we come together?"

"What are you? Cracked? I don't date guys I don't know." The girl who looked like Topanga answered.

Cory furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean, you don't know?"

"Hey, hey, hey! You zooful of weenies!" The employee behind the counter called. "Shake a leg. Time to go back to school!"

"Wait a minute, where am I?" Cory questioned aloud before he approached the employee. "Excuse me, what year is this?"