155| As Time Goes By

Zoey sat at the kitchen island with wedding and bridesmaids dress magazines spread out in front of her. Next week was the big day, and she was nervous yet excited. Shawn sat on the couch several feet away, watching the tv.

"Shawn, the wedding is next week. How is that I'm stressing over dresses, and you're sitting there, watching that stupid coyote fall into the grand canyon again?"

Shawn stood up from the couch and placed his hands on Zoey's shoulders. "Honey, you've worked very hard tonight, okay? You deserve a little beak."

"Shawn, we're getting married next week. We have to be responsible. You have to discuss about tuxes with Cory, Jack, Blake... whoever your best man is, while I hive to talk to Angela, Rachel and Topanga about bridesmaids dresses." Zoey told her fiancée, rubbing her hands anxiously.

"Zoey, relax!" Shawn insisted as he began rubbing her shoulders. "Take a little time-out."

"Shawn, you only get married once. I want everything to be perfect, yes David and my mother are helping us with most of it but I'm still stressing about it." Zoey responded.

"You should clean the closet." Shawn told her.

Zoey rolled her eyes. "Cleaning is not relaxation."

"It's better than stressing about wedding dresses." Shawn pointed out.

Zoey let out a groan in defeat as she walked up the stairs and into their bedroom. The closet was an absolute mess. She sat down on her knees and began cleaning.

When Zoey went further into the closet, she noticed a small door that wasn't there before. She opened the door to reveal a black void.

"Shawn, did you know that there was a doorway back here?" Zoey called out. "You know those time continuum vortex things we're studying in physics? This kind of looks like one."

Zoey decided to crawl into the black void.

••••
[1940s]

Zoey suddenly appeared in the 1940s. She looked out and noticed that everything was black-and-white, including herself. Women's clothes of the 1940s were typically modeled after the utility clothes produced during war rationing. Squared shoulders, narrow hips, and skirts that ended just below the knee were the height of fashion.

Zoey stepped out of the phone book and began entering a building where people were piling.

Isaac 'Good shot' Kelly Shangru-La Café... were you check your problems at the door. People come here for all different reasons but stay for just one.. to forget.

Zoey walked into the beautiful café and was greeted by a beautiful middle-aged woman singing on top of a piano. Ella Fitzgerald Kennedy, used to sing with Sinatra... Irv sinatra.

The guy ticklin' the Ivories is Wee Hawkin Willy... direct descendant of Beethoven... Harry Beethoven.

In the corner Fez-Head and Costello- They're always together. People talk.

A waitress walked up to Zoey. "Aw, crazy, mixed-up kid. You look last. Hi, I'm Angle Nuffsaid. How about a cup of joe?"

"I'm Trixie." Another waitress greeted.

"Oh, I'd love one, but I don't seem to have any money." Zoey responded.

"Nobody here needs money, kid." A boy spoke from behind the bar. "This is Isaac 'Good shot' Kelly Shangrula."

Meet Rory. Walked into this place yesterday and never left.

Zoey walked over to the bar and looked around. "Everyone seems so carefree here, so relaxed."