157| Angela's Ashes

Shawn and Zoey arrived back to Philadelphia from their honeymoon.

The two spent their honeymoon in Bora Bora. They explored the small jungle that ringed the rocky little peak. Zoey and Shawn visited the parrots that lived in the canopy on the south end of the island. They watched the sunset from the rocky western cove. The two of them swam with the porpoises that played in the warm shallow wards.

"So is it different being married now?" Blake wondered.

"Not really ." Shawn answered, wrapping an arm around his wife's waist.

"Well, I think of dating is a journey, while marriage is a destination. Dating is a process of trial and error. You learn about yourself and the other person as you go. It's a journey of discovery. Marriage, on the other hand, is a destination. When you get married, you're committing to each other for the long haul. It's a decision that should not be taken lightly. Marriage is a lifetime commitment." Zoey explained.

Shawn, Zoey and Blake walked into the Student Union to see Angela and her father sitting on the couch. Zoey looked around to see the rest of the group looking at the father-daughter in shock. This can't be good.

"Hey!" Blake greeted Sergeant Moore happily. "There's the man who put me and Angela back together!"

"Blake" Sergeant Moore greeted, shaking his hand.

"How are you?" Blake asked.

Sergeant Moore nodded. "Good."

"I've been taking care of your daughter, sir." Blake informed.

"I know you would." Sergeant Moore said.

"Hi, baby." Blake greeted as he approached Angela, wrapping an arm around her waist and pressed a kiss on her cheek. "What's goin' on?"

Sergeant Moore glanced between the couple. "I'm sure you two have a lot to talk bout. I'll be back at the hotel."

"We should have dinner later, sir." Blake suggested.

"Yeah, I'd like that." Sergeant Moore replied. He turned around and walked out of the Student Union.

Zoey quietly strolled over to her best friends who sat at the table near the coffee shop.

"What's going on?" Zoey asked.

"Angela's dad invited her to go to Europe with him. Blake has no idea." Topanga explained..

"Oh, no." Zoey muttered.

Blake crossed his arms. "Come on, how bad can it be?"

"My father wants me to go with him to Europe." Angela replied.

Blake raised his eyebrows. "That's it?"

Angela sighed. "Yeah, but....."

"Go to Europe with your father, where's bad there?" Blake wondered.

"For a year." Angela announced.

A frown instantly appeared on Blake's face. "There's bad."

••••

Later that day, Blake was at the apartment making a sandwich on the kitchen island while Zoey was pacing around the area, trying to figure how to fix this.

Zoey shook her head. "No, no, no, no."

"Wow. Europe." Blake said in disbelief. "I can just see here now - sitting in an outdoor café, reading poetry, sipping an expresso."

"You know what else they got beside cafes in Europe. Blake? They got men... men named 'Paolo'... 'Enrique'.... 'Milos'... and they sit there, crawling around in their dirty Ferrari's looking for that fresh American meat!" Zoey told her brother.