159| Brave New World: Part 2

Zoey couldn't believe that her and Shawn were going to New York with Cory, Topanga and Eric. This was one of the best things that had happened to her.

"So... you're probably not gonna miss me at all, are you?" Eric asked his father.

Mr. Matthews cleared his throat. "Not one bit."

"Is that a tear in your eye?" Eric teased.

"No." Mr. Matthews answered, pulling his son into a hug.

Eric chuckled. "Baby."

"Take the turnpike. It's faster." Mr. Matthews advised.

Mrs. Matthews walked up to Eric and fixed his collar. "Put on your jacket. It's supposed to cool off. Okay."

"And when you walk around New York, look like you belong there." Mr. Matthews added.

"I'm going to miss you so much, baby." Lucy said sadly, strolling towards her daughter and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you too, mum." Zoey responded as she pulled away. She looked over at David. "Take good care of her while I'm gone."

David nodded. "I will, kid."

Mrs. Matthews glanced between Shawn and Cory. "And don't you two date get Topanga or Zoey pregnant until you're absolutely sure."

"I won't." Eric assured.

"Actually...." Zoey spoke, gaining everyone's attention. "No one knows about this, okay? I was feeling sick the other day and thought I had the flue. I went into the draw and grabbed some Advil. When I came across my birth control pills. I realized my period was late. So, I went to the store and grabbed three pregnancy tests and came home and took all three."

"What was it?" Topanga asked.

"We are going to have a new addition to the family!" Zoey announced happily.

Shawn's eyes widen in shock. "You... you're pregnant?"

"I am." Zoey replied.

There was a moment of silence.

"I'm going to be a father!!" Shawn yelled in excitement, wrapping his arms around Zoey's waist and lifted her arm.

Zoey squealed as Shawn lifted her higher, chuckling as she laughed.

"Okay, okay, you can put me down now!" Zoey giggled happily as her husband laughed, putting her back down on the floor.

Shawn leaned down and captured her lips into his. Zoey grinned against his lips, unable to help herself. Everyone in the kitchen erupted into cheers and applauded for the married couple.

"I love you so much, Zo." Shawn muttered against her lips.

The two pulled apart when Blake strolled towards his sister, tears brimming his eyes at the thought of not having his sister for the second time in his life.

"Congratulations, sis. So, uh, do we say goodbye now? How do we do that?" Blake asked.

Zoey shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know."

"Come here, little sis." Blake insisted as he outstretched his arms.

Zoey smiled softly, tears brimming her eyes as she wrapped her arms around his neck while Blake's arms wrapped around her body. The two siblings were going to miss each other terribly.

••••

A doctor appeared shortly after them which caused Jack and Shawn to hurry over to him with hopeful looks on their faces.