158| Brave New World: Part 1

The next day, Eric, Shawn and Zoey were sitting around the kitchen island in the apartment while Cory was complaining about the New York situation.

"I do not want to go to New York!" Cory protested.

"What about Topanga?" Zoey questioned.

"Who cares about... Why does everyone always take Topanga's side?!" Cory asked in disbelief.

Eric smirked. "Boobies."

Zoey rolled her eyes and smacked Eric up the head. He let out a small wince of pain and sulked back into his corner.

"I did it!" Jack exclaimed as he, Blake and Rachel entered the apartment. "I joined the Peace Corps."

"Are you serious?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah, I'm gonna sit in a hut and eat mud." Jack replied sarcastically. "It's a plan, all right? My stepdad think he's gonna teach me a lesson. No, no, I'm gonna teach him a lesson."

Topanga walked into the apartment. "Cory, hey, I've been doing some thinking about New York."

Cory raised an eyebrow. "Oh, yeah? We'll I'm gonna do some thinking, too. Let me tell you what we're gonna do-"

"This is where our friends are, where we grew up. This is were we should stay. I'm gonna turn down the internship." Topanga interrupted her husband.

"I want to do whatever you want." Cory insisted with a wide smile. "I mean, I was really looking forward to going, but if you don't want to go..."

Topanga sighed. "Yeah, well I think we should stay here. I'll see you at home?"

"Where we live." Cory confirmed. Topanga gave him a smile before she walked out of the apartment, closing the door behind her. "YES! Thank you! We're not moving to New York, Shawnie, Zo! Nothing's gonna change!"

"You know she didn't mean a word she just said, right?" Zoey told her best friend.

"I know it!" Cory exclaimed happily. "But for know, will you two please join me in fooling myself?"

Cory began giggling as he began to stupidly dance around the apartment. Shawn and Zoey gave each other a glance before they joined their best friend.

••••

That evening, it was decided that Cory and Topanga were moving to New York along with Eric.

Zoey and Shawn were devastated. It was beyond doubt one of the biggest challenges of their life. That night, they went out with Cory and Topanga, having as much fun as they could have, but leaving spoiled all the fun as they could had.

Later, Shawn and Zoey helped Cory, Topanga and Eric pack their belongings.

The five of them walked into the kitchen at the Matthews ,were the rest of the group, including Morgan and Mr. and Mrs. Matthews, Lucy, David and Xavier, ready to say goodbye.

"Okay. That's about everything." Cory said, placing his bag on the ground.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this." Topanga admitted anxiously.

Eric wrapped an arm around Topanga's shoulder. "Feels like this is the right move for me. New York City. Nobody knows me there, I can be anybody I want to be."

"I want you to be Eric." Topanga told him.

Eric smiled before he walked over to Blake and Eric. "Well, I'm going to New York."

"Good." Jack said.

"Good luck." Blake added.

The three boys pulled each into a group hug.