93| Fraternity Row

On their way to the apartment, Shawn, Cory and Zoey walked out of the elevator and went to the front door but stopped in the hallway when they saw a beach chair beside their door.

Shawn sat down on the chair and grabbed the textbook. "College is easy."

"So I guess this is where Eric, Jack and Blake study, huh?" Cory wondered.

"Study?" Shawn repeated with a scoff. "Oh, my dear, sweet, little Cory. Let me show you what college is all about, okay?" Then all of a sudden a girl walked out of her apartment. Shawn stood up and approached her. "Hi. I'm Shawn Hunter."

"Jennifer Crane from 3-B." She introduced herself with a warm smile. "You guys live here."

"I do indeedy." Shawn replied. He turned around to face Cory and Zoey. "That's college talk."

Jennifer walked over to the elevator and pressed the button. "So, how do you like Pennbrook?"

Zoey snickered. "Oh, no, no. Shawn doesn't go-"

"I love Pennbrook." Shawn interrupted, placing a hand over his girlfriend's mouth. "Old buildings, making new friends."

"So you're taking Introduction to Western Philosophy?" Jennifer asked, gesturing to the textbook in Shawn's hands.

Shawn hesitated as he glanced at the textbook. "Yes, I am."

"So, I'll see you in class tomorrow?" Jennifer asked as she walked into the elevator. Shawn nodded. "I'll save you a seat."

When the elevator doors closed, Shawn turned to Cory and Zoey was a wide smirk plastered across his lips.

"Would you look at that? First day of college, and I got me a girlfriend." Shawn said happily.

Zoey rolled her eyes before she approached Shawn. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down to her lips for a lingering kiss.

Zoey pulled away and pursed her lips. "Shawn, do I have to keep reminding you who I am?"

"You're my girlfriend." Shawn replied, biting down on the bottom of his lip as he stared at her.

"Correct." Zoey said, reaching up and planted another kiss on his lips. "So don't you ever flirt with another girl or else you'll be eating through a straw or the rest of your life."

••••

At school the next day, in History, Zoey sat down in her normal spot in the back of the room as she listened to Mr. Feeny as he wrote a sentence of the blackboard - 'Where are you from?'

"Now, who can tell me what's wrong with that sentence?" Mr. Feeny asked the class, pointing at the blackboard.

Zoey's hands shot into the air. "I can."

"I know, Miss Francis, but you're already ten for ten." Mr. Feeny told her before looking around the class. "Uh... why don't we try Mr. Matthews."

"Mmm, he won't know this one." Zoey stated.

"Mr. Matthews?" Mr. Feeny called.

"She's eleven for eleven." Cory replied immediately.

"You know, I'm not surprised that no one knows the answer to that question. Many of you have forgotten the basics." Mr. Feeny began as he passed their papers back. "Now, this is alarming because you'll be entering college next fall..." He was about to hand Shawn his paper but stopped when he noticed the teenage boy cutting coupons at his desk. "Mr. Hunter? Clipping coupons?"

Shawn nodded as he continued cutting. "Yep. Odor Eaters. 2.49 for a dozen, and my Christmas shopping is done."

"This is your senior year, your last chance, Mr. Hunter. If you don't apply yourself now, how do you expect to make it in college?" Mr. Feeny asked.