119| Hogs and Kisses

Zoey stood off to the side in the Student Union to help Cory and Topanga film a video to advertise the university. There had been more than forty takes already but no one was giving up.

"And action!" The direction called.

Cory and Topanga opened the doors.

"Hello. I'm Topanga Lawrence." Topanga began.

"Hi, I'm Cory Matthews." Cory added. "We'll be hosting your hosts on this historic tour of Pennbrook College."

"For over a century, Pennbrook has been a place where thousands of students come each fall to embark on a journey." Topanga continued as they walked further into the Student Union and stopped at the end of the couch.

"A journey will take you to a ugiverse of exciting experiences." Cory said.

"So if Pennbrook is the college of your choice...." Topanga trailed off.

"Then come on." Cory finished with an awkward wave.

"Cut! Cut!" The direction announced.

"You think?" Cory demanded, annoyed. "Where've you been? I stink. I think I said the word 'ugiverse'."

"Shall we try it one more time?" The director asked with a sigh. "Maybe take fifty-nine will be the charm."

Cory shook his head. "No, no. I knew way back at take thirty-three that I was sucko. I quit."

The onlooking students cheered loudly.

"Whoa!" Topanga called out. "Wait a minute, I don't understand. Cory and I were picked as the perfect freshman couple because of our natural chemistry."

"Yeah, where'd that go?" The director wondered.

"Cor, come on. Don't leave yet." Shawn insisted supportively, strolling towards his best friend.. "I want to hear you butch the word 'curriculum'."

"Oh, yeah? If curricum is such an easy word, then let's hear you say it." Cory challenged.

Shawn leaned forward slightly. "Curriculum."

"Wow." Cory muttered.

"Do that again." The director instructed, his full attention on Shawn.

Shawn turned to face him. "Curriculum."

The director held his hands up to his eye to imitate a telescope. "Wow. I like it...." He then glanced over at Zoey. "Hey, you wouldn't possible consider, uh...."

Shawn and Zoey turned to each other with wide eyes before turning back to the director.

"Absolutely not!" Shawn and Zoey exclaimed in unison.

"No way!"

"There's no chemistry here."

"Never was."

"It'll be so awkward."

"Well, if you two won't do it together, would you...." The director trailed off, pointing between Shawn and Cory.

"What a great idea!" Cory exclaimed. "Shawn, you could take my place."

The director smiled widely. "Perfect."

"Oh, I don't know." Shawn said as his eyes flickered between Topanga and Zoey.

"I don't feel comfortable doing this unless Cory is gonna do it." Topanga insisted.

"Cory, I can't be you." Shawn told his best friend.

"Shawn, listen, I don't want to be responsible for ruining this film. You can take my place. Besides, Topanga will be here and she'll make you feel comfortable." Cory responded.