143| The Honeymooners

The sun rose silently into the sky, piercing into the dark.

Fluttering her eyes open, Zoey was greeted by Shawn's bare chest. Her left arm was draped across his stomach while his strong arm was wrapped around her waist, pulling her into his side. Their bare bodies laid together and their legs were tangled in each other.

Zoey sighed as she placed her head against Shawn's chest and began tracing patterns on his stomach.

"Good morning to you too." Shawn greeted with a deep heavy sigh, rubbing soothingly along Zoey's back.

Zoey chuckled. "Can't we just stay here all day?"

Before Shawn could say anything the alarm clock on the bedside table started going off.

"Apparently not." He said.

Zoey rolled over to the other side of the bed and turned off the alarm before resting back against Shawn.

"I just need sleep." She muttered, pressing a small kiss on his chest.

"Well, we didn't really get much sleep last night." Shawn pointed out. Zoey rolled her eyes before she got out of his hold and hovered above him, straddling his waist. Her brown locks passed her shoulders. She smiled lovingly as he brushed her hair back, tucking it behind her ear before taking her face in his hands. "I love you so much, Zo."

Zoey smiled and leaned down, pressing her lips against his. Shawn kissed back, the kiss getting deeper and deeper.

"I love you, too." Zoey mumbled against his lips. "I think we need a wedding planner."

"A wedding planner?" Shawn questioned, not sure if he heard his fiancée right. "You want us to get a wedding planner?"

Zoey nodded. "Yeah."

"I thought we have already decided to have a small intimate wedding." He said.

"Yes. But I want everything to be perfect. I want it to be special and memorable." She pointed out.

"I want that too." Shawn agreed. "That's why I want us to celebrate it with our loved ones. With the people who had been there for us from the start. Surely, you don't need a planner to plan a small wedding."

"Shawnie..." Zoey muttered.

They had talked about it before. They decided to make their wedding ceremony a private and intimate gathering of family and friends. They will plan their wedding together.

Shawn already made necessary arrangements to have free time for preparations. Although he will bet his shares Zoey doesn't need him to prepare this wedding. She was an elite. She knew how to threw a successful party.

This is why Shawn found it hard to understand why Zoey wants them to hire a wedding planner. It only means one thing.

"You never wanted a small private celebration." Shawn realized, looking intently at his fiancée. "You wanted a big wedding that people will talk about for days."

"Shawnie, you only get married once." Zoey stated.

••••

Later in the day, the engaged couple decided to go over to Lucy's place and have lunch with her and David to get pointers in wedding preparations since they recently got married. Shawn loved the tranquility and solemnity of a quite wedding with his friends but it turns out his fiancée wanted a totally different thing.

Shawn and Zoey told the adults what their thought process was.

"Wedding preparations are more complex than those parties Zoey is accustomed in planning." David explained. "Lucy and I, almost called our wedding off a dozen times because we fought over small details over the preparations. It is better to leave this kind of event to professionals." He looked at Zoey. "I totally understand you." He then faced Shawn. "This is the most important day of your lives. You can't blame her if she wants everything to be perfect."