110| Honesty Night

Zoey couldn't believe that she agreed to this stupid plan of pretending Cory and Topanga weren't together yet.

Cory certainly wasn't known for his brilliance but Zoey was surprised that Topanga had agreed to this.

What Zoey wasn't surprised about was that they hadn't listened to her when she'd tried to convince them that Shawn wouldn't care how they got together, just that they were.

Now she was roped into the scheme with them and had to pretend to be upset at their fake arguing.

At school, Shawn and Zoey were walking through the hallway, hand-in-hand until they stopped when they noticed Topanga and Cory fake arguing by the couch in the hall.

"I can't believe you said that to me, you stunned little whiny brillo head!" Topanga shouted.

"Well, you're just a short little nasal-voiced, blimp-lipped... so and so." Cory responded half-heatedly.

Zoey placed a hand up to her mouth, trying not to smile as she watched the mock-fight in front of her.

Shawn sighed heavily. "When will this madness end?"

"Very soon, I hope." Mr. Feeny stated.

"It's all so crazy. I feel like I'm just clinging to the wreckage." Shawn said as he opened his locker and made a mark on the door. "Well, day fifty-three of the wreckage."

••••

Zoey strolled into Mr. Feeny's class. She walked over to her desk and sat down, noticing how Cory and Topanga couldn't take their hands off of each other.

"Your plan is working. Shawn still thinks you're apart." Zoey told the couple.

"I can't believe we were every apart, my little love dumpling." Topanga cooed at Cory, pouting.

"With plum sauce." Cory added happy.

Zoey made a face. "On the other hand, you both sicken me."

"I know this is wrong." Topanga continued, ignoring her best friend. "But I'm actually starting to enjoy this deceitful little game."

"You are? Really?" Cory asked.

"Yeah. I mean, don't you find it sexy, Cory?" Topanga wondered.

"Cory and sexy in the same sentence, wow. I do believe your resolve is weakening my little kumquat." Cory responded.

"Kill me now." Zoey muttered under her breath.

Mr. Feeny passed the couple on his way to the front of the classroom. "On the other hand, you sicken me, too. And I have serious misgivings about being part of your little..." He trailed off when Shawn walked into the classroom and took his seat. "Bighorn, where General Custer and his wife... Mrs. Custer had a beach house. Oh, I'm way too involved."

••••

After class, Zoey walked over her locker, unlocked it and placed the books and folder in her arms into the metal storage.

Shawn then appeared behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissed her collarbone softly. A genuine smile took place on Zoey's lips as she leaned back, resting on his chest.

"You know, I hate that." Zoey said with a smile.

Zoey turned around to face him. She leaned up and pressed a kiss against his lips. Shawn leaned down and smiled into it, his lips puckered as they pulled away.

"I love you too." Shawn told her.

Shawn wrapped an arm around Zoey's shoulders as he lead her down the hall where they passed the newly-reunited couple who were still fake arguing.