80| B & B'S B'n B

Zoey had followed after Shawn as he followed Mr. Feeny around, trying to get out of the business assignment their teacher had set them. Mr. Feeny was making an obvious effort to get away from Shawn. It was rather amusing to watch if you weren't the one being chased.

A moment later, Shawn and Zoey burst through the Matthews' kitchen door.

"I tried. I tried. I tried, I tried, I tried. I don't get the assignment and even Zoey couldn't explain it to me. I want to drop economics. Business, figures, numbers... I just can't keep it in my head. Whoo-hoo." Shawn said, using the sound effect to gesture the information leaving his head.

"Shawn, it's simple. Come up with a business, pretend you're running it, and write a report." Mr. Feeny explained.

"That's what I told him." Zoey said.

"Oh! Now I...." Shawn trailed off before he repeated the motion. "Whoo-hoo. You see? Now come on, let me drop the course. No Hunter has ever made it in business. Why cause me agony? Why?"

"I like it." Mr. Feeny simply replied with a smile. He then pointed to the table. "Shawn, sit down. It's quiet time."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Feeny. I tried." Zoey told her teacher as she walked passed him.

"I know, Miss Francis, I know." Mr. Feeny responded. He then turned to Cory's mum. "Amy, these are my house keys. I really appreciate you looking after things while I'm away this weekend."

"Oh, sure, George. Now is there a number at the hotel in case we need to reach you?" Amy asked.

"Actually, I'm staying at a lovely bed and breakfast." Mr. Feeny informed.

"Good for you." Cory said. "Living in someone else's house, eating someone else's food."

Cory then sent Shawn a pointed look since he had started eating a banana and had taken a sip from the bottle of juice that was open on the table. Zoey reached over and finished the juice for him before she gave Cory a sarcastic smile.

"So, what's the rent like? Two bucks?" Shawn wondered.

"Actually, Shawn, a room in a nice bed and breakfast can go for as high as two hundred dollars a night." Mrs. Matthews answered. 'Right, George?"

"Not this one." Mr. Feeny said.

"Two hundred dollars a night? Wow." Zoey said, surprised.

"I have made a list of things that need to be done." Mr. Feeny told Mrs. Matthews. "Planes to water and uh, plants that will need vitamins and plants that need to be rotated to get the morning sun. Oh, you'll be fine. Thank you!"

With that, Mr. Feeny left through the back door.

Mrs. Matthews looked down at the notes and then glanced at the trio sitting at the table. She tossed the notes and keys on the table. "Just don't kill them."

••••

As Cory was watering the planets, Shawn explored Mr. Feeny's house while Zoey was leaning against the stair railing. She narrowed her eyes at Shawn who was looking around the room curiously.

"Shawn, what are you doing? It's just a house." Zoey told him.

"No, no, no, no. This is Feeny's house. There's got to be... I don't know, some shrunken heads, some eyeballs in jars, voodoo dolls." Shawn replied.

"Now, why would he have stuff like that?" Cory asked.

"Well, he took them from me last year." Shawn answered.

Zoey rolled her eyes. "Such a loveable dummy."

"Okay. I'm going to go jump on Feeny's bed just like I've always dreamed of." Shawn said and charged up the stairs. Zoey couldn't help but laugh in amusement as his excitement.