59| A Kiss Is More Than A Kiss

At school Shawn and Zoey were walking through the school corridor. The couple walked beside each other, smiling and laughing until they stopped in their tracks when they saw Topanga with Cory.

"That's great, Cor. I'll see you later." Topanga told him.

"See you." Cory said.

Topanga gave him a sweet smile before she walked away. Both Shawn and Zoey quickly raced to their best friend.

"Cory, were you just talking to Topanga?" Shawn asked.

Cory nodded. "Yeah. Well, I was feeling a little chatty and, you know, even though we broke up, we're still friends."

"That's great, Cor." Zoey said.

"No." Shawn protested, shaking his head. "She's your ex. Let me spell that for you. X!"

"Look, Shawn, Topanga and I aren't like other couples." Cory simply stated.

"You're not a couple." Shawn pointed out.

"I know." Cory said.

"My point exactly." Shawn responded.

"Then we agree." Cory insisted.

"No!" Shawn exclaimed. "I think we're saying the same thing."

Topanga then walked back over to Cory with a smile. "Cory, I doubled-checked. We have to be there at three for the Promwear Fashion Fest."

"Fashion Fest?" Shawn questioned.

"Yeah." Zoey said, gripping his hand. "Remember you said you would go with as my date."

Shawn nodded slowly. "Oh, that Fashion Fest."

"Yeah. This Saturday, Cory and I are modeling formalwear for the prom." Topanga explained. "Isn't it great we can still do things together."

Zoey raised her eyebrows in surprise when Topanga pecked Cory's cheek.

"Don't do that." He told her.

"I've always done that." Topanga said before she walked away from them.

Cory turned to his best friend. "Shawn, are you crying?"

"I think I lost you, man." Shawn whimpered.

Cory sighed. "I said I'd do this Fashion Fest thing when we were still going out. I mean, I can't bail on her."

"Yeah, you can. You've got to move on." Shawn told him.

"Quit your crying." Cory snapped. "I'm just a guy in a tux, walking down an aisle with his ex-girlfriend in a gown, in front of the entire school. And you think I haven't moved on."

Zoey shook her head. "No, Cor, you really haven't."

"Okay, Cor. If you're really over her, then you're ready to date other girls." Shawn said.

Cory grinned. "Well, I should say so."

"So you'd be up for a little double-date action?" Shawn wondered, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yes." Cory answered. "But what will you do, Shawn?"

"Oh, now this is the Cory I've always hoped for..." Shawn said, before he turned to face his girlfriend. "Zo...?"

"Of course." Zoey said, pressing a kiss against his lips. "Now, for Cory...." She looked around the school corridors until she saw a familiar face. "Hey, Melissa. Do you wanna go on a date with Cory tonight?"

"Sure." Melissa answered.

Shawn turned back to his friend with a smile. "All right, Cor, we just got you a date. What do you say?"