75| Dangerous Secret

Warning; This chapter contains context of abuse. Please feel free to skip this chapter if those topics trigger anything and also message me if any of you need to talk

••••

Cory kicked his leg against the door to knock while he held multiple bags. "Shawn. Shawn, it's me, Cory."

"Cory." Shawn said in surprise as he opened the door. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, my best friend's sick, his folks are out of town. I just thought I'd drop by and check on you." Cory explained as he pushed past Shawn and entered the trailer, setting the bags down on the kitchen table. "These bags weigh a ton. But, you know, I just brought over a few little sundries to tide you through; cough syrup, asprin."

"Vaporub?" Shawn wondered as he looked through the bags. "What, you didn't bring me any flowers?"

"Well, actually, I did." Cory said sheepishly as he he held up a small vase with yellow flowers. "I just didn't know if it was appropriate."

Shawn shook his head. "It's not. It's not appropriate. Now, uh, if you'll excuse me, I um, I gotta get some sleep." He faked a cough. "I'm very contagious."

"Oh, say no more. I'll just plug in the humidifier. and be on my way." Cory said as he grabbed the humidifier from a bag.

As Cory walked over to the wall plug in, Zoey walked out of the bedroom wearing Shawn's robe.

"Shawn?" Zoey mumbled as she yawned.

"Zoey?" Cory wondered as he stared at her in shock before he turned to his best friend. "Shawn?"

••••

The next day Cory and Shawn were studying at Chubbies but all Cory could think or focus on was Zoey. He stared at Shawn and exaggeratedly tapped his pencil against his book to get his attention.

Shawn looked up at Cory slowly and raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"

"Shawn, we've always told each other everything." Cory began.

"Did I say there was nothing to tell?" Shawn questioned.

Cory sighed. "But I -"

"Did I say there was nothing to tell?!" Shawn repeated sternly.

Cory nodded his head. "Yes, but you still -"

"Then let it go." Shawn snapped as he narrowed his eyes.

"Shawn, you and Zoey spent the night together... without me." Cory told him.

Shawn huffed irritatedly. "Man, this is not something you sit around and talk to a friend about."

"Why is that?" Cory questioned, throwing his hands up. "Because you've moved up to a higher intimacy with your girlfriend, and I'm still walking around with my address in my pocket?"

"Don't be so hard on yourself about that one. That's a tough address. 321." Shawn teased.

Cory shook his head, not wanting to get distracted by jokes. "No. No. This is about where you are and where I'm not."

"Cory, don't do anything because of me, okay?" Shawn said, giving him a serious look.

"Shawn, I've been going out with Topanga since, like, the day I was born and all we've ever done is kiss. I just think it's time to take it to the next step, okay?" Cory explained.

Shawn nodded. "Okay."

"So what is the next step?" Cory wondered.

••••