31| Fear Strikes Out

During lunch Shawn and Zoey were currently explaining the game Seven Minutes in Heaven to Cory as the three of them walked into the cafeteria and sat down at an empty table.

"Seven minutes in heaven?" Cory questioned.

"Yeah. They pick a boy. They pick a girl. Then they send you two into a dark closest." Shawn explained.

"Well, how to do you find the girl?" Cory asked.

"With your lips." Shawn answered excitedly.

Cory smiled excitedly in anticipation. "I'm gonna like this game!"

"Yeah, if that's what you're eatin' for lunch, I don't think the girl's gonna like it." Eric said to his little brother as he passed their table on his way over to the vending machine.

"Nobody's talking to you!" Cory shouted.

"Just trying' to help!" Eric retorted.

"Okay, look. Closet strategy is the key. You've only got seven minutes, and you have to make every second..." Shawn stopped himself when he and Zoey watched as Cory was kissing the air.

Zoey furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What are you doing, Cor?"

"Lip ups." Cory responded as he continued doing the actions. "I want to be in shape. I want to go the distance."

"Tick, tick, tick, tick." Eric said as he walked past the three of them.

"What?" Cory questioned.

"Time bomb." Eric said before he walked over to a table with his friends.

"Just ignore him." Shawn told his best friend.

Cory scoffed. "Please. He's just playin' some game. But, doesn't work. Never has, never will."

Zoey nodded and began to eat her lunch. As she eating, she noticed Cory still looking at Eric's direction with a nervous expression on his face.

"Cory." Zoey called out.

Cory jumped and turned to face her. "What?"

"What Eric said, it's not bothering you, is it?" Zoey wondered.

Cory shook his head nervously. "No, not all all. In fact, I'm going over there right now and tell me how much it's not bothering me."

Zoey raised her eyebrows as she watched Cory standing up from his seat and walked over to his older brother, sitting down beside him. She chuckled lightly.

"It's bothering him." Zoey stated.

Shawn nodded in agreement. "Totally."

••••

When it was around six o'clock Shawn, Cory and Zoey arrived at the make out party.

Zoey wore a dark pair of jeans with a black singlet with a red flannel over the singlet, her hair was up in a messy bun with strands of hair down the sides of her face.

She wanted her first kiss with Leo to be special.

Zoey looked around the double story house and noticed that everyone from school was basically here tonight. Apart from Leo.

Shawn smiled and rubbed his hand excitedly. "This is great. All the girls brought their lips."

"Shawn, there's a girl with braces. What if I get her? She could cut my tongue and I'll bleed all over my shirt." Cory said as he began to look at the girls in the room. "Oh, no. Sally's wearing wool. I'm allergic. What if I sneeze in her mouth and pop her lungs?"