139| No Such Thing as a Sure Thing

Shawn and Zoey sat next to each on the couch in the Student Union. The felt as if the entire University was crammed inside one room as they were cheering the football team for their next game.

"If I was only gonna be alive for one minute, I'd spend it looking in your eyes!" Shawn shouted over the loud.

"And if you were only gonna be alive for one minute, I'd tell you to stop looking and sta-a-rt kissing!" Zoey told him.

Just as quickly as Zoey's hands laced with Shawn's, he kissed her. She responded with such enthusiasm that he was taken aback at first. The world around them was meaningless.

Nothing could have possibly meant more than them, nothing could have more beauty than this moment: those small hands pressed into Shawn's, the way Zoey's round eyes fluttered to a close. She fit into him like a glove, her kiss like the beating of a butterfly's wings, soft until it became addictive. It was the murmuring, cool breeze of a summer evening; it was falling asleep to the faint noises of the Burrow; it was a red, blazing fire, yet a gentle, trickling rain all at once.

And Shawn was falling fast, craving Zoey's scent and the feel of her so close to him, unsure where he ended and she began. He had never been more grateful to have life until now. He would have rather walked into hell again and again than lose this: her entrancing eyes, her captivating smile against his lips, her laugh when he did something stupid, her hair and how it fell over her shoulder when she looked at him, her raspy voice in the mornings, and her hands, those tiny hands, conforming and loosening to his calloused fingers in perfect rhythm with him.

But Shawn's stupid, stupid lungs had to find air, and he was forced to separate from Zoey with the feeling of gravity being torn out of his core. She was looking up at him with such an inviting warmth that he wanted to kiss her again, but it would have come off as obsessive

The two got up from the couch and held hands as they walked outside to see Topanga reading a book.

"It is so noisy in there." Shawn stated.

"Can we sit with you?" Zoey asked Topanga.

"Yeah, sure. As long as you guys don't.." Topanga stopped herself when Zoey sat down on Shawn's lap and kissed him. "That."

Cory walked over to them and was surprised to see Shawn and Zoey making out. "Oh, look how the formerly separated now behave. okay? I wanna be like them."

Zoey and Shawn ignored their friends and continued kissing each other.

••••

Later that day, Shawn and Zoey were in kissing the Student Union.

They were kissing like crazy. Like their lives depend on it. Shawn's tongue slips inside Zoey's mouth, gentle but demanding, and it's nothing like she had ever experienced, and she suddenly understand why people describe kissing as melting because every square inch of my body dissolves into his.

Zoey's fingers gripped Shawn's hair, pulling him closer. Her veins throb and her heart explodes. She had never wanted anyone like this before. Ever. He pulled her up onto his lap, making out in front of everyone in the Student Union and they didn't care, they didn't care about any of that.

All Zoey wanted is Shawn. All Shawn wanted is Zoey. The weight of her body on top of his is extraordinary. He felt her - all of her- pressed against him. Zoey inhaled his shaving cream, his shampoo, and that extra scent that's just... him. The most delicious smell she could ever imagine. She wanted to breathe him, lick him, eat him, drink him.

Shawn's lips taste like honey. His face has the slightest but of stubble and it rubbed against Zoey's skin but she didn't care, she didn't care at all. He feels wonderful. His hands are everywhere, and it doesn't matter that his mouth was already on top of hers, she wanted him closer, closer and closer.

"So, uh, you really think I was good?" Cory asked as he wore the penguin mascot costume.

"You were the best penguin ever." A girl with brunette locks told him.

"But what about when I feel into the band and knocked over the tubas?" Cory wondered.

"That was the best!" The girl explained.

"Really? She thinks I'm a good penguin!" Cory exclaimed. He then lowered his face between Zoey and Shawn, making them pulled apart. "Topanga would have thought it was wrong for me to fall into the tubas."

Shawn gave his best friend a look. "I'm busy here."

Zoey rolled her eyes and pulled Shawn back down onto her lips.

"Sorry. You're doing a great job." Cory complimented before he walked over to the girl.

The girl smirked. "Maybe after the big game, you'll want to see my dorm room."

"Don't all dorm rooms look the same?" Cory questioned. Shawn then used his leg to kick him in the back. "Oh, ho ho ho. Well, we- we really don't know each other."

"That's why you're coming to my room." The girl told him with a smirk.

With that Cory and the girl walked out of the Student Union together.

Topanga walked into the Student Union and sat on the couch. "Cory can do whatever he wants."

"He is." Zoey agreed as she continued kissing Shawn.

Shawn pulled away and moved his attention to the soft spot on her neck. He started giving light kisses to her sensitive spot and the action had electric shocks shooting through Zoey's body to every limb.

"If she's what he wants, then let him have her." Topanga. said.

"You're what he wants, and he's what you want." Zoey told her best friend as the gentle sucking straight to get more vigorous. "Shawn, give me five minutes and I swear to I'll make it up to you."

Shawn nodded. "Okay. I haven't had water for four days."

Zoey chuckled as she watched Shawn got up and walked over to the coffee shop.

"Topanga, everybody you know has tried to help you." Zoey said, sitting on the couch beside Topanga. "Cory went to Philadelphia to try to get your parents back together. What do you want from him? Are you happy like this?"

"I've never been so unhappy in my life." Topanga replied, resting her head on Zoey's shoulder.

"I thought I was protecting myself by pushing Shawn away, but I was only hurting us both." Zoey informed, wrapping an arm around Topanga. "I'm back with him now, and I'm happier than ever. Even engaged. Except I could use some Chapstick."

Topanga sat up and pulled some Chapstick out of her pocket. "Here. I have no use for it."

Shawn walked over to Zoey, inhaling a bottle of water while she stood up and smeared the Chapstick across her lips. The couple swapped their items. Shawn used the Chapstick and Zoey took a big sip from the bottle before they latched onto each other, kissing forcefully.

••••

It turned out Topanga's father left her mum for another women.

Topanga and Cory were officially back together.

She explained that nobody knew her better than Cory. He meant everything to her and wanted to be with him forever. She loved him. She wanted to be his wife.

If something bad happened to them someday, it could never change what they have now... what they always had, because Cory was right. Love is real, and they have to do everything they can to keep it alive.

Whatever life takes them, Topanga wanted it to be with Cory forever.

____________________
PUBLISHED: February 4, 2019
WORDS: 1289