66| The Happiest Show on Earth

"You called her Topanga?" Shawn asked in disbelief.

The three were currently standing in Mr. Turner's classroom. Cory had finished telling Shawn and Zoey about his slip-up on his date last night. He'd called his date 'Topanga' right after they had kissed.

Cory sighed deeply. "Now, Shawn it's so obvious what's going on here."

"Yeah, you're bad with names." Zoey said with a chuckle.

"Do what I do, write on the palm of your hand...." Shawn trailed off as he glanced down at his palm. "Cory."

Cory rolled his eyes. "No, no. The problem is no matter how many girls I go out with, I still end up thinking about Topanga."

"So why did you break up with her in the first place?" Shawn asked.

"I don't know." Cory replied as he ran a hand across his face sadly. "I mean, I made a mistake. I thought we could be friends like you and I are. But, you know, when I see Topanga I wanna hug her, hold her, kiss her. hen I see you or Zo I have no interest in any of those things."

"Thanks, Cor." Zoey huffed.

"How do you think she feels about you?" Shawn wondered.

"I will ask." Cory decided as he smiled at Topanga when she entered the classroom. "Hey, Topanga."

"Hi, Cory." Topanga greeted brightly as she walked to her seat.

"She wants me back." Cory informed his friends decidedly.

"All right, you guys." Mr. Turner called as walked into the classroom when the bell rang. "Remember the paper for environmental essay wards I had you write at the beginning of the year?"

"Oh, yeah!" Shawn exclaimed confidently as he strolled up to Mr. Turner with his essay. "Finished mine last night, Mr. Turner. Enter this puppy."

Once the essay was in Mr. Turner's possession, he tossed it behind him. "And here are the winners. On their way to Walt Disney World in Orlando are the following students. Kristen Hoffman."

Cory turned in his chair to face Zoey and Shawn. "That's good for her. A week in Florida, a little sun, a little colour, a little lotion, could help her get over me."

"Ronnie Waterman." Mr. Turner announced as the class clapped.

"Well, she'll get over you quickly enough with Lips Waterman on the same rip." Zoey chuckled.

"Perfect. Kristen with Lips in Florida, and me free to spend the next week romancing Topanga. You know what, guys? Sometimes everything in my life just seems to go my way." Cory said happily.

"And our last winner is... Topanga Lawrence." Mr. Turner announced.

"I hate my stickin life." Cory groaned.

••••

Cory had apparently been struck by inspiration the previous night and was telling Shawn and Zoey about his plan to win back Topanga. Zoey wasn't surprised with the crazy scheme her best friend had come up with but it didn't seem too dangerous, so she simply didn't protest.

Shawn wrapped an arm around Zoey's waist, resting his hand right above her hip and pulled her into him as they walked through the school halls. The two found the Matthew brothers huddled together.

"Hey, Eric." Shawn greeted when they walked up to the brothers, and turned to Cory's dummy. "Hey, Cor."

Shawn yelped in surprise when he saw the real Cory standing beside him.

"Boy, you really went to a lot of trouble for me." Cory told his older brother.

"Well, I figured you're my only brother. It's not gonna kill me to show a little...." Eric trailed off as he looked around. "Affection."