63| Life Lesson

At school, Shawn, Zoey, Cory and Topanga were walking through the halls until they noticed a group of students crowding around a pinned-up paper in the hall.

"Finals!" Cory exclaimed. "Oh my God. I didn't even see it coming!"

Zoey eyes widened when she quickly read the paper. "Three in one day!"

"English, Chemistry and History with only ten minutes in between?! That's not enough time to study!" Shawn added, stressfully.

"Cory, do not even try to call me for the next two weeks. I'll be incommunicado." Topanga said firmly before walking away from them.

"Wow, that's guts. We're studying and she's off to Mexico." Shawn said.

"This schedule stinks, man." A student grumbled.

"Whoa, guys. Guys, calm down, alright? Now, if we devote the next two weeks to studying in the library, we got not problem." Cory assured.

••••

Zoey did exactly that. Grades had always been important to her and she had a strong desire to prove her intelligence, so there was no way she accepting anything less than a B+. Luckily, some of the subjects were easier for her than others so she worried less about English and History and focused most of her efforts on Math and Science. She brought those textbooks with her everywhere and loose pieces of paper often followed her path, usually covered with numbers from her studying.

Zoey was sitting in the cafeteria, currently reviewing her Science notes. It didn't take long until she decided to take a small rest, her head leaning against her book while the others began to complain.

"Guys, we got a problem. I mean, finals start in two days. How did this sneak up on us?" Cory wondered.

"I don't know man cause these books haven't left my side in two weeks." Shawn answered.

"You know, Shawn, what kind of evil, sick, twisted mind would think of a finals schedule like this?" Cory asked.

"Hi, gang." Mr. Feeny greeted as he walked by their table.

Cory stood up and began to address him. "Mr. Feeny, about this finals schedule. It's either gotta be a mistake or a joke."

"And let's face it." Shawn remarked as he stood beside Cory. "You're not really funny."

"And you're not really studying. I suggest you take a leaf out of Miss Francis' book." Mr. Feeny suggested before he walked out of the cafeteria.

"Zoey?" Topanga called, shaking the teenage girl slightly. "Zoey? Wake up."

"The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell!" Zoey quickly said, her head jerking up. She turned faintly pink when people turned to stare. "Sorry."

"You know, if we just buckle down and study I'm sure we would have no problem at all." Topanga suggested.

"I'll tell you when we've got no problem. It's when you get rid of Feeny." A boy named Deeny spoke.

Cory laughed until the words registered. "What do you mean?"

"I mean get rid of him." Denny answered before stalking off.

"Those guys give me the creeps." Topanga said.

"I'm more afraid of failure." Zoey admitted as she returned to her notes.

"Yeah, but we do have a real gripe here. I mean, too much work, not enough time." Cory said. He then began to address the entire cafeteria. "You know, gang, the only way Feeny's gonna listen to us is if we organize and show strength, right?"