113| Graduation

This was the seniors of John Adam High's last week in school before their graduation. The seniors were buzzing excitedly as they walked the halls flipping through their freshly printed yearbooks.

Shawn and Zoey leaned against the lockers as they watched Cory try to get signatures for his yearbook.

"Hey, Debbie, you wanna sign my..." Cory trailed off as the girl ignored his offered yearbook. He then quickly turned to the next person. "Hey, Mike, let me sign your..." He didn't have much luck with the boy, either, and he turned back to his friends. "Isn't this great? I mean, I love this week?"

"Yeah, me, too. Is it over yet?" Shawn asked.

"Come on, Shawn. It's our last week of high school ever." Zoey reminded him.

"Exactly." Cory agreed with a smile. "I mean, look at Frankie and Joey. They're gonna be graduating this year and it only took them eight years."

"Cory, Shawn." Frankie called happily. "Because we have shared both times good and bad, we would be honored if you wanna sign these yearbooks we have pilfered."

Shawn raised an eyebrow in shock. "You took somebody else's yearbooks?"

"You get your own." Cory said.

"Where's the joy in that?" Joey wondered as he shoved his yearbook at Shawn.

"You know what, Shawn? Even Frankie and Joey have the spirit this week, right?" Cory said as he signed his name. "I mean, what would you like me to say?"

"Just put down your address." Frankie answered.

"Yeah, and what time you're not gonna be home, you know. You don't have a big dog or nothing, do you?" Joey questioned Shawn.

"You guys take care of yourselves and remember, always stay friends." Frankie said.

"That's nice, Frankie." Cory told him.

"Yeah, well, we like to think of ourselves as the Cory and Shawn of the underworld." Frankie responded.

"I wanna be Cory!" Joey exclaimed. "Can I be Cory?"

"That makes me Shawn." Frankie pointed out. "Come on, Joey."

Zoey rolled her eyes as Joey and Frankie walked down the halls to find some students to mess with for old times' sake.

"You see that Shawn, huh?" Cory began, pointing to the pair. "Do you see how important this week is? Saying goodbye to people we might never see again. Saying goodbye to people who's been around, but we've sort of lost touch with."

"Like who?" Shawn asked.

"Well, I don't know. I guess there's nobody really like that." Cory said before his attention was drawn to the familiar person leaning against the opposite wall. "Hi, Minkus."

"Oh, now, it's 'Hi Minkus'." He pointed out as he walked up to them. "For the last four years, it's like I haven't even been in the same school as you guys."

Zoey smiled faintly. "Well, you know, we just never saw you around."

"I was." Minkus said. "I was just in the other part of the school."

"What other part of the school?" Shawn asked.

"You know, over there." Minkus replied, pointing to the distant hallway.

The three of them looked in the direction.

Cory shook his head. "Well, we don't go over there."

"Yeah. You go over there, you may never come back." Shawn agreed.