107| If You Can't Be With The One You Love...

At school, Cory, Shawn and Zoey walked out of History class. Zoey had her bag slugged over her shoulders as they made their way into the hallway.

"Well, there's 42 minutes of my life I'll never have back. Just when I think Feeny's class can't get any more boring... Feudalism. I'm beyond bored. I'm angry." Shawn complained.

Without hesitation, Shawn pushed a guy who was walking passing by into the lockers.

"Feudalism?" The guy asked.

Shawn nodded. "Uh-huh."

"It's okay." The guy assured before walking down the hallway.

Zoey pursed her lips. "I actually thought feudalism was fascinating."

Then out of the corner of Zoey's eyes, she saw Topanga walking out the classroom with a friend.

"Have a nice weekend.... Topanga!" Cory called.

Topanga turned and gave him a faint smile. "You, too, Cory."

Then Topanga turned around walked down the hall with her friend.

"Shawn, Zo, did you hear how she said, 'you, too, Cory'?" I mean, there were coldness there." Cory said.

Zoey shook her head. "There wasn't."

"Nonsense!" Cory exclaimed. "I could practically see her breath. Guys, why isn't she suffering as much as I am?"

"Cory, she's suffering." Shawn reassured his best friend. "She's just doing it with something you know nothing about."

"Feudalism?" Cory guessed.

"No. Dignity." Shawn answered as they walked over to the couch in the school's hallway. "Topanga's handling this breakup with dignity, while you, Norton, are a train wreck."

"Now, I-I'm dignified." Cory said hesitantly.

Zoey gave him a pointed look. "Cor, you burst into tears every 3,2,1...."

"Stop exaggerating!" Cory exclaimed as tears began to brim his eyes. He sat down on the couch, wiping the tears off his face.

Shawn leaned down and grabbed a handkerchief out of Cory's pocket. "Cory, who carries these things around?! What did you do, dig up your grandfather and pick his pocket?!"

"It's Grandpa Poppy. He always had seeds in his teeth. And that's why we called him Poppy." Cory whimpered.

Shawn scoffed and sat beside him on the couch. "Ugh! You're depressing. You're depressing to be around. That's why you're not invited to Kimberly Sussman's party tonight."

"Wait a minute, wait a minute. Kimberly Sussman's having a party tonight?" Cory asked.

Zoey nodded. "Yeah. To celebrate her new nose. Like, the whole world's going."

"I-I-I'm sure if I wasn't invited, it's probably due to some tremendous oversight." Cory assumed.

Shawn raised his eyebrows. "Does '7:30 sharp, and whatever you do, don't tell Cory'. Sound like an oversight? The word's out on you, man. Nobody wants to be around Cory... the downer."

Zoey rolled her eyes when she noticed Cory's expression. "Three, two, one...."

"Including you two?" Cory cried out.

"We're getting there." Shawn replied honestly.

Shawn got up from the couch and then wrapped an arm around Zoey's waist, pulling her closer to him as they walked to class.

••••

Kimberly Sussman's party was in full swing and Cory the Downer just so happened to be Cory the Party Crasher that night. But there was something different about him. He wasn't mopey and depressed anymore, he was actually smiling and cracking jobs.