114| His Answer: Part 1

After the graduation party, Zoey went over to Topanga's house, apparently, she had something to tell her best friend, needing her urgently.

Zoey walked up to the door and knocked repeatedly. It took a moment for the door to open, Topanga on the other side with an urgent expression on her face.

"You asked Cory to marry you?" Zoey questioned without hesitation.

Topanga furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "How'd you know?"

"I was sitting right next to you guys. I heard everything. That's why Cory looked so scared." Zoey explained.

Topanga gave her a look and allowed her into the building. Zoey walked inside and sat on the couch. She patted down on the cushion next to her, motioning for Topanga to sit beside her.

"I don't think he was sacred. I just think he was a little flustered." Topanga said.

"He looked like somebody shot him in the head." Zoey told her best friend simply. "I don't blame him. If Shawn asked me that in the middle of my graduation, I'd wet my gown too. But Topanga, at our age, we are supposed to have fun, not getting married."

"I love him, Zoey, and I want to be with him till he dies." Topanga responded enthusiastically. "But you can't tell anyone, not even Shawn."

Zoey nodded. "I promise, I won't tell."

••••

Later that night, Zoey, Shawn, Cory and Topanga were on their way back to the Matthews' house from a really fun night out. They ate dinner in a restaurant to celebrate them graduating. They sat there for a really long time talking about all their memories together.

When they all arrived at the Matthew's place, they walked into the yard before Cory pulled Topanga aside, letting Zoey and Shawn walk into the kitchen where Mr and Mrs. Matthews were sitting at the kitchen table.

That's when Mrs. Matthews informed everyone that she was expecting another baby.

Shawn then announced that he was going to college, and Zoey couldn't contain the wide smile across her face. When he had finished talking, she leaned up and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek and grabbed onto his hand, squeezing it.

Cory and Topanga then entered the kitchen from the side door, standing beside their best friends.

"Cory, Shawn just told us the big news." Mr. Matthews greeted happily. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"You told them?" Cory demanded as he turned to his best friend.

"You told Shawn?" Topanga questioned, looking at her fiancée in disbelief.

"Of course, I told Shawn!" Cory retorted quickly before he turned back to his parents. "Aren't you angry?"

"Well, you guys have been together forever." Mr. Matthews answered. "Why would I be angry?"

Cory paused before he began laughing. "Talk about a load off my mind, huh?"

"I think you and Shawn will be very happy together as roommates." Mr. Matthews finished.

Topanga looked up at her fiancée. "You and Shawn? What about us?"

"Topanga, I don't think that the school would allow you and Cory to be roommates unless you were married." Mrs. Matthews said, chuckling lightly.

"Here's where I'm dead." Cory murmured.

"I thought we were going to decide this together." Topanga told him.

"Well, I was going to discuss it." He responded.

Zoey nudged her boyfriend in the side with her elbow and gave him a pointed look. "You knew about it, too?"