79| An Affair To Forget

Zoey was wearing a red plaid shirt along with ripped, black skinny jeans and combat boots. As she walked through the school hallway, there were rumors going around right now that Jennifer Bassett had a crush on Shawn, wanting him all to herself. Everywhere she went, eyes seemed to follow her.

When she turned the corner, Cory, Shawn, and Topanga were by the lockers talking amongst each other.

"Zoey!" Shawn greeted. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kissed her on the lips. "How are you, the love of my life?"

Zoey gave her boyfriend a look. "Shawn, I know that Jennifer likes you."

"And you're not mad?" Shawn asked.

Zoey scoffed and shook her head. "Mad? No. Wanting to hire a hitman to take her out?.... maybe."

"Zoey, calm down. If you asked me, Jennifer Bassett is one stuck, conceited girl." Cory told them.

"Do you think so?" Shawn wondered.

Cory nodded. "Oh, yeah, nose way up in the air and frankly, I'm not even sure if it's her real nose."

"You mean...?" Shawn trailed.

"Plastic." Zoey agreed. "Just like her personality."

"See, Zoey, you have nothing to worry about." Cory assured.

Zoey turned to Shawn and held his hand. "Shawnie, can you go up to her, tell her that you don't have any interested with her because you already have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, sure." Shawn said, pressing a soft kiss against her lips. He walked over to Jennifer and tapped her on the shoulder, causing her to turn. "You know what I think, Jen? I think you're conceited." She gasped. "Yeah, that's right. Conceited and stuck up and.... something about your nose."

"What about my nose?" Jennifer asked, covering it with her hand.

"Um..." Shawn stammered.

"Who said something about my nose?" Jennifer questioned.

"Um..." Shawn repeated. He glanced over his shoulder at his best friend and girlfriend.

Jennifer smirked. "So, it was your friend Cory and girlfriend Zoey who made you say these bad, bad, things, hmm?"

"Like I'd ever tell you." Shawn scoffed. Zoey clenched her jaw as she watched Jennifer run her hand up and down his arm. "Cory Matthews, son of Alan and Amy, grandson of Nana and Sam. Zoey Francis, daughter of Lucy."

"How could you sell out my Nana?" Cory asked in disbelief.

Zoey rolled her eyes. "Really, Cor?"

Jennifer glanced at the pair across the hallways before she turned back to Shawn. "You know, I've been thinking. Maybe we could hang out."

Zoey's stomach lurched and her hands fisted at her sides as she watched Jennifer get to close to Shawn. She turned to Topanga and Cory, forcefully smiling.

"Excuse me, I have to go and vomit." Zoey said as she stomped away.

••••

After school, Zoey had joined Cory at Chubbies. When they walked down the staircase, they saw Shawn sitting in the booth alone. The two of them slid into the booth across from him.

"Shawn, hey. I was just curious. What does it mean when a girl goes..." Cory let out a hiss.

"Cory, come on. She was just playful." Shawn told him.

"Right." Zoey agreed scornfully. "Like a spider when it catches a fly and sucks out its head meat?!"

"She was upset, you know?" Shawn defended his new friend. "I mean, after all of those terrible things you guys said about her."