68| You Can Go Home Again

It had been two months since Zoey went over to England to spend the summer with her cousins. As much fun she was having, spending time with her family, she was extremely tired returning from England. Being a big fan of active holidays, she always plan a lot of things to do when travelling like exploring some less touristy sights that are our of the beaten path, or hiking to some beautiful viewpoints.

When Zoey returned to her home, it seemed even smaller and duller than it was before. Still, it was the same place she'd lived in for her entire life and it was very important to Zoey.

Zoey went upstairs to unpack straight away. As she was about to unpack her items, she paused when a knock was heard at the door. Surprised to have any visitors so soon after returning home, she made her way out of her bedroom and down the stairs.

"Hello, Shawn. Topanga." Lucy greeted the two teens.

"Hi Mrs. Francis." Topanga greeted.

Meanwhile Shawn was too busy trying to look around the woman to speak.

"Hello, Shawn." Lucy addressed him pointedly, trying to keep the amused look off her face. "Are you looking for someone?"

"Sorry, Mrs..." Shawn trailed off but stopped when he saw the woman's stern look. "Lucy. Is Zoey back home?"

"I don't know." Zoey answered as she stood behind her mother with a wide smile plastered across her face. "I think she's a bit busy. I would suggest for you to come back later."

"Zoey!" Topanga exclaimed happily and outstretched her arms.

"Topanga!" Zoey greeted with equal enthusiasm, though when she got close enough, she ducked past the other girl to stand in front of Shawn. She looked up at him and smiled. "Hi."

"Hi." Shawn breathed out.

Zoey smiled widely before her lips brushed his, softly, delicately, like butterfly wings, just long enough that he could inhale her breath, feel the warmth of her skin, and the taste of her lipstick lingered far after she had gone.

She then threw her arms around Shawn's neck and hugged him tightly, feeling the familiar warmth explode in her chest as his arms wrapped comfortably around her waist as he hugged her back. She buried her face against his shoulder and closed her eyes. She missed terribly and didn't want to let go.

"I missed you so much." Shawn whispered as she lowered his head to bury it in her hair.

"I missed you, too." Zoey said, smiling against his shirt.

Topanga waited awkwardly for the couple to part but as the seconds dragged on, the two seemed reluctant to pull away from each other.

"So, Zoey... how was your trip?" Topanga wondered.

"Great." Zoey replied, not lifting her head.

"It's nice to se you again." Topanga said.

"It's nice to see you too, Topanga." Zoey replied.

Zoey pulled apart and leaned forwards into Shawn. She kissed him, like no one had ever kissed, soft and moist and hot and breathy, not trying to win a battle but seeking union and closeness and the sharing of one breath, one sensation, one timeless and passionate moment. The heat rose in her cheeks as her tongue touched Shawn's tongue, quick and electric and delicious, then firmer, more determined

"Cory's supposed to come back soon." Topanga informed. "We should go to see if he's here."

Zoey groaned and turned to Topanga. "Right now?"

"Yes, right now. Come on." Topanga insisted.

••••

When they arrived at the Matthew's house, Topanga pushed the front door open as Shawn and Zoey followed after her. Shawn's arm casually thrown over Zoey's shoulders. Mr and Mrs. Matthews were by the door, preparing to leave.