98| How To Succeed In Business

Zoey went to an elementary school for her study work program.

During Zoey's teaching practice, the best part of teaching is to notice that her efforts do matter, she helped Children and change their beliefs and outlooks on life for the better, and they get and apply knowledge and kills she gave them.

Zoey enjoyed the communication with them, the emotions of happiness, worthiness, and excitement they gave her. Moreover, not only does Zoey teach them but also learn from them because children show her their infinite imagination, impetuous admiration for the simple things that surround them, and an insatiable thirst for knowledge and new experiences.

Children remind her that it is crucial to living and enjoy your life fully, every minute, and with all your heart, and this is the main advantage of this profession.

Unfortunately, there are always different sides of the same coin, and there are some students who didn't want to listen to her, understand, and trust her no matter how hard she tried. This is rather upsetting and disappointing that she couldn't help them not because of the lack of her attempts, but because they are like closed books that do not want to open to anyone.

Luckily for Zoey, she had learned some practices to make such children and teenagers believe in her and let her help them. The main idea for good teachers is to "willingly open" themselves to children, and then, students usually also start opening and sharing their dreams and fears.

Every day, while working with pupils, Zoey realized that teaching is indeed her destiny and vocation. She wanted to make everything possible to become a good and worthy teacher so that she can support children and present their kindness, knowledge, and care.

••••

When Zoey arrived home, she sat on the couch and grabbed the envelope that she had shoved into her pocket. When she had gotten home from the work study program she found it on the doorsteps.

With Blake, Eric, Jack and Shawn out of the apartment, Zoey could finally open the letter without being interrupted. The handwriting scribbled on the white paper caused her heart to drop down into her stomach.

Zoey opened the envelope, pulling out the page with very neat handwriting on.

Dear Miss Francis,

I am writing to inform you that the Committee on Admissions and Financial Aid cannot at this time make a final decision on your application for a place in next year's entering class. However, because of your outstanding achievements and promise, the Committee has voted to place your name on a waiting list of men and women for whom we hope places may become available later.

This year, more than thirty-nine thousand students applied for admissions to the entering class. There were many more candidates of unusual ability and promise than we were able to admit. Of those strong applicants, the Committee has selected a group - to comprise a waiting list.

The waiting list is not ranked. If spaces because available, the Committee will reconvene to reconsider all those candidates on the waiting list. Usually about two-thirds of the students offered place on the waiting list choose to remain active candidates.

Sincerely,
Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid (Harvard)

Zoey frowned as she began to fold the paper up and shoving it into her pocket. She would later tuck it under her pillow case. Not the best hiding place, sure, but nobody ever went in her room apart from her.