97| Chasing Angela: Part 2

At Chubbie's, Shawn and Zoey were sitting at their usual table as they watched Blake on a date with another girl. A few booths over, Angela on a date with another boy.

"I got to tell him." Zoey insisted.

"Blake told us not to interfere with his personal life." Shawn reminded her.

"No, he told you not to interfere with his personal life." Zoey corrected. "Shawnie, this is the woman of his dreams, okay? The woman he could spend the rest of his life with. I don't consider that personal, plus I'm his sister." She stood and walked over to where Blake was kissing his date. "Blake, Blake, let the nice lady breathe. I need to talk to you about Angela."

Blake stood and moved away from the booth before staring at his sister. "This better be important."

"Do you consider the purse girl important?" Zoey wondered.

"Yes." Blake replied quickly.

"Everything that was in the purse, okay? The books of poetry, the Vivaldi, the Van Damme ticket stub, it was all her." She explained.

"Who?" He asked.

"Angela. All the stuff belongs to Angela." She told him.

"The purse belonged to Beth." Blake corrected her, not allowing himself to believe her words.

"No." Shawn said he joined them. "Angela borrowed Beth's purse. But that's none of our business now, is it, Zo?"

"No, it's not our business at all." Zoey replied as she continued staring at her brother. "What are going to about it?"

"Nothing." Blake replied. "Angela and I went out for two weeks. If I was in love with her, you don't think I'd know it?"

"Blake, listen. Angela's everything you've ever wanted in a girl, okay? But you don't know it because you haven't looked into her eyes. Look into her eyes." Zoey insisted.

Blake sighed and made his way over to Angela's booth but noticed the novel that was beside her.

"Is this... is this a book of sonnets?" He wondered.

"Yeah." Angela replied. Blake paused for a moment before he began giggling. "Why are you giggling?"

"Am I?" He questioned.

"What's the matter with you?" She asked with concern.

Blake turned away from her to look at Shawn and Zoey, smiling like crazy.

Zoey nodded to him. "Look into her eyes."

Blake face her again and did was he was told.

Angela tilted her head slightly in confusion. "Blake, why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because I never have before." Blake replied softly. He turned around and walked back to the couple. "It's Angela."

••••

Blake met up with Zoey the next day at school on his free period, he needed to talk to her now, as he successfully avoided Angela through the halls.

"Hey, Blake's in loves. You call her?" She asked her brother.

Blake shook his head. "No. I'm way too nervous. I wouldn't know where to start."

"Well, how about starting by saying hello?" Zoey suggested.

"That's way too risky, Zo." Blake told her. "It would probably come out 'I want to have your children'!"

"You know, Shawn actually told me the same thing when I got my hair fixed up." Zoey pointed out with a chuckle. "I just can't believe this is my brother, a man of a thousands dates, and he's afraid to call a girl."