5| Killer Bees

Zoey was currently sitting in her seat in Mr. Feeny's class. She leaned back in her seat while Mr. Feeny was informing everyone about their test last week.

"I have graded last week's geography examination and the highest score was achieved by..." Mr. Feeny trailed off.

"Minkus." Cory spoke in a sarcastic tone. "Was it achieved by Minkus? Does it go to Minkus? Minkus, right?"

"Mr. Minkus." Mr. Feeny said, passing Minkus' test back.

"That's a shock." Zoey muttered under her breath.

"Thank you, Mr. Feeny. Your bonus question was a real stumper." Minkus said. Shawn then threw a paper ball at his head. "Ow."

"Miss Owens, Excellent." Mr. Feeny commented as he passed their tests back. "Mr. Baker, very nice. Mr. Matthews... well there it is."

Cory looked at his test results. "A 'C'? But I actually studied for this test. Why did I get a 'C'?"

"Let' see. Where to begin." Mr. Feeny said, grabbing the test and looked at it. "Well, for one thing Mr. Matthews, this section of the map is not East Germany."

"It's not?" Cory questioned.

"Perhaps you've heard a little incident with the Berlin Wall?" Mr. Feeny asked.

"Was that during Baseball season?" Cory wondered.

"There is no East Germany anymore." Mr. Feeny informed.

"But the textbook says it's right next to West Germany." Cory responded.

"Yes, well, the textbook also says that Alaska and Hawaii would make fine states someday. Things change Mr. Matthews, unfortunately the bored of education doesn't have the funds to keep up." Mr. Feeny said, before he handed Zoey her test.

She took a deep breath before looking at her test to reveal a 'B'. A wide smile spread over her lips.

"Then how am I supposed to keep up?" Cory asked.

"Watch the news. Pay attention in class. Look at mimeograph I give you before you turn them into paper airplanes." Mr. Feeny said.

Zoey chuckled as she watched Shawn through a paper airplane towards Minkus, and hit him in the back of his head.

"Ow." Minkus muttered.

"What good would it do?" Cory questioned. "They keep changing geography. Why can't it be like all the other subjects? Math - two plus two is always four. Uh, science - the Earth always goes around the Sun. History - Lincoln always gets shot in the head."

"Lincoln got off easy." Mr. Feeny muttered. "All right, heads up. In these last few moments in class I want to make an announcement about this year's regional geography tournament. As some as you may know, for the past five years I have always fielded a champion and I expect the same this year. So, based on his outstanding elastic achievement I have selected as this year entra--"

"Minkus." Cory spoke up. "Have you selected Minkus?"

"Mr. Minkus." Mr. Feeny announced. "And this year's first prize will be..."

"A Mercator projection pull down wall map?" Minkus asked quickly.

"No. Uh, this years winner will be a bat boy at the opening game of the World Series." Mr. Feeny said.

Minkus frowned. "Oh."

Cory turned around to face Shawn and Zoey with wide eyes. "Did you hear that?"

"Yeah. So?" Shawn asked.