Tartaglia (Childe/Ajax) x Traveler male reader

Game: Genshin Impact

Plot: (Y/n)'s been trapped in that horrendous portal, he wasn't able to escape until he followed Aether out and caught the portal in time, right before it closed.

Also, may or may not have a small history with Zhongli.

Takes place during the bartender event.

⚠️ Warning: I haven't watched/read the whole thing, so sorry if it's OOC, or weird. This contains gay content, and some contain lime/lemon/smut and colorful language.

------------------------------

As Aether stepped out of the portal to the abyss, it didn't disappear this time, unable to see the sea through it. Rather it seemed as if something else was walking through, something more human-shaped at that.

Paimon hid behind Aether as the boy stood in a fighting stance ready to face the thing head-on. But their seriousness was disrupted by a chuckle, seemingly coming from inside the portal. An armored body came out, dark blue armor shined by the sun. The man also had a helmet that looked like an Abyss Herald, that is until he removed his helmet.

"Hello," The man spoke in a calm voice reminiscent of Zhongli. But unlike Zhongli, this man had a smile on his face, he looked happy and seemed like he was about to cry. "Sorry, I'm excited to be out once and for all, my name is (Y/n), it's nice to meet you." A tear dropped down into the puddle of water he was stepping in creating a ripple.

Seeing no harm in the man, as he already dropped his weapon by the portal, Aether hesitantly put away his word and stayed silent for a few minutes to give the man some time to himself.

*A few minutes later*

"So what you're saying is, you entered the portal and there was a giant maze and dungeon in there and you were stuck there until we arrived? And the armor you picked up from the monster spawns...how long were you stuck in there?" Paimon asked, floating beside Aether and both of them looked at you curiously.

They were currently walking towards Mondstat, as it was the closest town.

"I've been there for a few years."

"...A few years?!" Aether and Paimon both yelled out making (Y/n) laugh again.

"Well yea, there were animals around and there was also a river, so why not?"

Upon speaking more they eventually arrived at Mondstat alerting the guards to see the newcomer.

"Traveler, who is this?"

"Just a friend, he just looks intimidating."

"Oh...well welcome to Mondstat."

"I probably shouldn't be here...the people look scared."

"FREEZE" a familiar voice sounded behind the three. (Y/n) felt coldness around his feet and the wind shifted drastically. Dodging Kaeya's first attack by bending down (Y/n) cut off the ice connecting his feet to the ground. "Aether, how and why is this thing beside you?!"

"He's a new friend! Don't attack him!" Paimon screamed, causing Kaeya to stop.

"I'm just a normal man." (Y/n) said looking at Kaeya straight in his eyes, making him realize that...well (Y/n) was human, and awfully short for an Abyss Herald. Putting away his sword he walked up (Y/n), checking the man out, looking for any dangerous signs. He still doesn't trust the man but to give Aether some face, he decides to put his sword away. He trusts the traveler to take down his friend just in case he decides to do anything.

After that situation settled Aether walked to Angel's Share, it was around the time he took over for the day. (Y/n) just waited on the second floor in a corner, It was an eventful day and he wanted to take a little nap, half asleep, (Y/n) was still able to keep track of how many people entered and left. One of the things he had to adapt to survive inside that cursed gate.