Xue Yang x male reader

Anime/c-drama: Mo Dao Zu Shi, The untamed, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation, etc.

Title: to forgive oneself

This story is not based on any of the episodes, it's purely imaginary.

⚠️ Warning: I haven't watched/read the whole thing, so sorry if it's OOC, or weird. This contains gay content, and some contain lime/lemon/smut and colorful language.

Trigger warning: read with caution

------------------------------

"Xue Yang, tell us/me a story"

Two voices merged as Xue Yang looked at two blinded people in front of him. A-Qing was demanding to hear a story from Xue Yang as they warmed up beside the fire on the cold winter night. Xue Yang thought about it a few moments to think about what story he can tell and ended up telling one based on his childhood.

"Hmm, I got a story. It's about a boy who loved pastries and the one just who wanted to help."

*Past*

A young boy from a wealthy family was playing outside, his name was (Y/n). Although his family wasn't large, they have money to spare and lived a comfortable life. (Y/n) was taught kindness early in childhood even when he wasn't able to understand what people were saying. They were a good and average family on the streets as people liked them very much.

(Y/n) was seen playing ball with some of the other kids when he saw the homeless boy. He looked at him for a few moments before his mother called out for him as the rain clouds were starting to gather. His friends were also taken away and (Y/n)'s mother was also calling out for him. It was getting late as well so many shopowners were closing as well.

(Y/n) walked underneath the house gate and turned to look at the boy from before and he was now hiding on the opposite side of the street.

"Mother? Why isn't he going home?" (Y/n) asked with genuine curiosity about why he wasn't going home.

"(Y/n), I don't think he has a home to go back to." Because of the door and the overhand on the walls they were not getting wet from the already falling rain.

"Can we give him an umbrella?" (Y/n) asked, looking up at his mother who seemed hesitant. "Please?" (Y/n) pleaded to his mother as she eventually gave him. (Y/n) didn't know why she seemed hesitant, probably because she was introverted and was nervous for an odd reason. (Y/n) knew about his mother being quite shy and rarely ever leaves home unless it's for something important so it was (Y/n)'s duty to deliver the umbrella.

"Thank you!" (Y/n) said as he took a single umbrella and walked towards the homeless boy. His mother laughed at her child as he wasn't even using the umbrella to prevent rain from getting onto him. He was just holding the closed umbrella over his head as if it'll do anything to prevent the rest of his clothes from getting wet.

"Hi! Do you want an umbrella?" (Y/n) asked straightforwardly as his clothes were soaked with water. Yet somehow, it still didn't bring the child's energy down one bit. (Y/n) opened the umbrella over the other's head as he was sitting exactly where the rain would hit him the most.

Xue Yang looked up from his position and see the boy holding the open umbrella over his head. Confusion clouded his eyes as he was handed the umbrella by the other by shoving it into his hand. Xue Yang froze once facing the other.

(Y/n) smiled seeing their grip on the umbrella but worry clouded his eyes as the boy's hands were injured. He didn't know much about anything medical but knew that his mother often wrapped his wounds with something. It seems to magically help so (Y/n) pulled out his handkerchief and wrapped it terribly around the hand that was gripping the umbrella. He tried his best though and it was all that mattered.