Jung Eunsung x male reader x Lee Soohyun, part 1

Manga: Checkmate

Title: an uncontrolled variable that's in the middle of everything

⚠️ Warning: I haven't watched/read the whole thing, so sorry if it's OOC, or weird. This contains gay content, and some contain lime/lemon/smut and colorful language. Do not apply the character's actions to real life, consequences will not be my fault.

Some stories may not load all the way, search for the "To be continued..." or "End" at the end of the stories to get the full story.

------------------------------

Life is slow. Too slow for (Y/n)'s taste. He cried in the rain, stress overwhelming him as he listened to a sad song. Crouching down he sat on the curb side waiting for no one in particular. His body quivered in the cold as the rain turned into hail.

He was an unfortunate soul in this world. Low income, no family, and no savings was heavily in debt of nearly a billion Korean won and didn't have a good face to pick up a rich lady to help him pay it off. (Y/n) thought over his life and can't even remember how he has accumulated all this debt in just 10 years since he graduated high school. Then again, he was involved with some sketchy people and businesses.

Just like all people in the world, man or woman, he needed a good cry occasionally to pick himself back up. Pulling out his cracked phone (Y/n) connected to the nearby free Wi-Fi to check the news. Nothing much came up as he looked at the famous Jung Eunsung written by Lee Soohyun. He hated how he was the only unfortunate one in the entire school to have fallen so low he didn't even dare to pick himself back up anymore.

Those two names were burned into the depths of his skull due to their famous competition. Jung Eunsung always came first while Lee Soohyun was always second.

(Y/n) ...well...he doesn't even deserve mention.

Perhaps all of these unfortunate things were happening to him because his past life was too good and welcoming.

Absent-mindedly (Y/n) clicked on the comment section and started typing. He clicked send before he went back to his barren house. At least the place was clean.

Kim Minseok was reading through the published article when he checked the comments. His eyes widened as he read the sentences over and over again.

"Soohyun, you should read this comment."

Soohyun walked over and leaned down, his neck outstretched to see the screen on Hyung's computer.

Random4525: If only this man could stand up for me and himself back in grade school, then my life probably wouldn't have been so pathetic. Honestly, I don't see what's so good about him. Just a pretty face is all, he was born talented anyway, no need to put him on this high of a throne for natural talent.

Under that comment were hateful replies telling them to go fuck off. Soohyun looked over the comments before returning to his computer.

"No reaction?" Minseok said as he sighed and went back to work.

Soohyun looked over the comment on his computer before clicking on the profile. He scrolled down to where the account information was. Phone number and email were both linked. Soohyun looks at the empty profile picture in deep thought.

He was thinking over whether he should contact the number or not, they had the same beliefs about Jung Eunsung but different motives. Perhaps this man can also get the attention of Park, allowing him to have another interview.

When (Y/n) woke up the next morning he noticed his phone had a notification. Tired he got up and went to clean himself up just a little. He was working 120 hours a week, 5-6 hours of sleep per day, and the rest of the time was getting food, showering, and going to and from work. He was rather average-sized due to his not wanting to starve himself to the point of going to the hospital, which would be a nightmare to pay off. But a minimal amount of food to keep his boys going was enough.