Alhaitham x Male reader

Game: Genshin Impact
AU: Colorless curse

Colorless curse: one of the soulmate pairs sees no color in the world, and the other does so they wouldn't know they have a soulmate. It's another one of Celestia's games and (Y/n) can only follow along in hopes to find the right person.

TW: Suicide

⚠️ Warning: I haven't watched/read the whole thing, so sorry if it's OOC, or weird. This contains gay content, and some contain lime/lemon/smut and colorful language. Do not apply the character's actions to real life, consequences will not be my fault.
------------------------------

(Y/n) walked around in the forest, the colorless life he lived continued as his mind saw everything. He couldn't tell colors, nor could he tell his clothes colors. It's been like this for his entire life. A curse from Celestia. In history, there are not even a hundred people who were born with the said curse but they always say the same or something similar: find your fated pair and the curse would be broken.

He traveled the world to find his soulmate but he was still cursed. Hundreds of thousands of faces did he look at but no one seemed to be it. He was tired, his eyes were tired so he went back to his birth country, Sumeru. The damp climate was something he was familiar with. Looking up at the trees as the sky began to release its colorless water (Y/n) couldn't help but feel helpless.

His eyes wandered around for a few more hours, his clothes stuck to his skin as the rain. He wished to read and write, it was his only escape at this point as books and writing were already black and white. His suffering was met with eternal silence like always. It was his only way to feel like a normal person.

Walking into the Academy the scholars ignored him. He used to be an experiment subject here because him being unable to identify colors between one another, which explained why he was allowed inside. Art has always gone wrong, and he would use the wrong paper for architectural designs. Although his artworks would look black and gray to him, others would say they were interesting due to him just grabbing random colors and blending them perfectly with one another.

He's always been told what was what. It was hard to associate stuff with one another.

The grass was green, the leaves were green, the branches and trunks were shades of brown and flowers would have many colors. And the color he sees in, black, white, and gray.

It's hard to imagine something when you've never seen it. It's like an ancient language, you can't imagine what they sound like unless someone says them out loud. Or an item that has a million forms but you're trying to describe it to a blind person on how it turns into each form.

It's endless confusion.

When he tells children about his condition they are always confused. "You can just imagine the colors!" they would always say, unable to understand, and (Y/n) can only sigh.

(Y/n) arrived at the house Daena. The white sunlight contracted with the grays of the floor, he walked by a few shelves, wanting to see a few new books that he hadn't read before. Seeing the similar titles over and over again (Y/n) walked to a table before he heard someone speak behind him.

"Excuse me, but I have been using this table."
"Oh, my apologies." (Y/n) stood up and looked at the other. Brightness concealed his vision as the world began to change around him. This was the sign he's always been waiting for...

Leaves of green, wooden shelves, and the color full books, he was never told they were so many colors. But...he didn't know which was which. Apart from the basic colors that belong to the wooden bookshelves, brown, and the surroundings are filled with what seems to be green. (Y/n) looked at the man in front of him.