|2| The pills

"Fuck I can't

"Fuck I can't." I flinch at the unbearable pain and Mia steps back.

It's been two days since I'm at home and the pain doesn't get better, it's driving me crazy. I'm trapped in a bed attempting to fight the impotence with no luck at all.

"You should let me give you some morphine so I can clean the wound without causing you any distress." She says taking the medical bag.

"I told you so many times I'm not getting morphine." I say bluntly while still trying not to see my leg.

"Carlos it will be easier, just a small dose and you will feel better-"

"Do you fucking understand what I'm saying?." I snap at her. "No morphine."

"My bad, I'm just trying to help." She puts the bag down and gets closer to try and clean it again.

Mia keeps trying to get me to take some painkillers but I can't get myself to do it. I know the dangers of those drugs and I'm not willing to risk it.

"Just get over with it, I need to rest." I lay my head back against the bed and close my eyes shut.

I feel Mia's hands getting closer to my knee and my body shivers at the simple contact.

"I will try to do it fast." She mutters lowly and pats the area to disinfect it.

I clench my fists at the uncomfortable feeling and breathe in and out so I don't lose it. The soaked gauze moving around my swollen skin.

"Just a few more seconds." Mia puts a new bandage around it. "Done, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, you can go." I finally get to open my eyes and look at her.

"Call me if you need anything." She leaves not even fazed with my harsh words.

Taking my phone from the side of the bed I call Matteo. A few days ago I told him about some information I gathered and he hasn't tell me anything about it. He has also been acting weird.

"Estás bien? A pasado algo?" He picks up straight away. (Are you okay? Did something happen?)

"Estoy bien. Relájate." I tell him calmly.
(I'm fine relax.) "Sólo quería preguntarte que tal va todo, no parecías estar muy bien ayer." (I just wanted to ask you how everything is going there, you didn't seem fine yesterday)

"No te preocupes por mi, tienes suficiente y necesito que te centres en ti mismo." He brushes it off. (Don't worry about me, you have enough and I need you focused on getting better) He brushes it off.

"Oh venga Matteo, estoy encerrado en esta casa aburriéndome hasta la muerte necesito algo." I try. (Oh come on Matteo I'm locked in this house boring myself to death I need something.)

"Sólo estoy tratando de encajar las cosas de verdad que no tengo mucho." He says in a not really convincing tone. (I'm only trying to figure everything out I truly don't have much yet.)