|97| The man in the past

I try to stop the blood from coming out the best way I can but let's be honest here, I have always sucked at tending wounds and will probably always do

I try to stop the blood from coming out the best way I can but let's be honest here, I have always sucked at tending wounds and will probably always do. Having or causing them is more my style, not curing them but I have to keep him alive until-

"Carlos?" I turned around to meet a very confused Danielle standing directly under the doorframe.

Yes, calling her wasn't my smartest decision and I hate the fact of involving her in this, especially since she is pregnant but she is the only person I know -apart from Mia- who knows how to do this and I can't call an ambulance so Danni was my only option left.

"What the fuck?" Her gaze moves down to Lorenzo's body passed out on the floor.

"I need you to make sure he lives, I know this is confusing and I'm so sorry for calling you but I didn't know what else to do." Carefully I stand up giving her a full view of the state Lorenzo is in.

And now that I somewhat stopped the blood from coming out of his nose I finally get to see how badly I actually fucked his face. His left eye is really swollen, and I'm pretty sure I have broken his cheekbone as well as his jaw. Makes sense my knuckles are bleeding too.

"It's fine I don't care about that, are you okay?" Danielle walks in my direction and helps me sit down a few feet away from Lorenzo and the puddle of blood surrounding him.

"I'm fine, I am..." I lie, looking at her, her warm brown eyes reminding me of Mia's for a second and making me relive everything that has happened these last few weeks. Leaving me wishing she were actually here.

"Hell, I'm not okay, not even remotely." My words leave my mouth without me noticing, tears forming in my eyes.

"Come here." She opens her arms and I practically throw myself into them. I bury my head into her neck as her arms go around my back, pulling me in tightly. "It's okay, you will be okay." She softly caresses my upper back.

I allow myself one single minute, a minute to rely on someone else for the first time in forever without thinking I'm a coward, a minute to cry, a minute where it's just me, a man, a human being, allowing himself to feel. Allowing himself to simply exist.

"Everything will be okay," Danielle repeats those few words as my tears fall down my cheeks into her neck.

I wish I could believe it, I want nothing else but for everything to be okay, for everything to go back to normal but it's too late. Nothing will go back to how it once was, I lost too much, fucked up way more many times than I should have, and now I have to face the consequences. I can finish this, and then try to fix something, and make arrangements but it won't be easy, I will need a lot of time and hope that people will be willing to forgive me.

"I'm fine, please just, make sure he lives. I need to call someone but I won't leave you, I will be right here." Drying my tears away I remove myself from Danielle's embrace and hope she will understand that what I'm asking is what I actually need.