|31| The distraction

Three weeks later

Three weeks later

He has been working none stop since he got that call from Rick but thankfully it isn't like last time. This time he doesn't ignore me and even though he doesn't have much time for anything he is always present at dinners and lunches. What is he doing the rest of the day? I wish I knew, he isn't telling me "This is one of those things I can't tell you, for your safety". I try my best to understand and after all, it's work, he doesn't have to share that stuff but I worry anyway.

Intimacy? None existing except for some subtle touches here and there, he said we shouldn't force it so we are kind of walking around eggshells but I can tell that sometimes he wants to get me naked and fuck me on the spot because that's also what I want to do but neither of us gives the first step so we are stuck.

And since that day we first introduced the prosthetic I have been meaning to ask if he would want to start trying but the opportunity hasn't really presented itself and it's a hard topic. That's why I haven't said anything for three weeks but today it's the day, opportunity or not it can't wait anymore.

"Carlos?" I knock softly on his office door. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, of course." He replies instantly maybe even too fast.

"Hey, what are you doing? " I ask carefully while I get inside.

"Come, I will show you." He signs for me to get closer and I do, walking slowly until I'm next to him behind the desk. "Sit down." He gestures down to his lap.

"Really?" I watch as he pushes his chair away from the desk so I can sit down.

He looks and sounds a little weird but at the same time he is acting very normal.

"Those chairs aren't gonna fit here so I'm all you've got." He looks at the armchairs in front of his desk.

"Well... okay." I give up and sit down on his lap.

Making sure I don't hit his legs I get comfortable and he pushes the chair back in. My back presses hard against his toned chest and his arms cage me in tightly as if he never wanted to let go. But I don't feel trapped, I feel safe and cozy.

"Comfortable?" He asks in a whisper and I forget about his weird behavior.

"Very." I press myself harder against him so I'm able to feel every ridge of his muscles.

"Me too." I can't see him but I can tell he is smiling. "See, this is what I'm doing. Replying to emails, Theo sent me some stuff about Matteo's case." He explains pointing to his laptop.

"You have been answering emails for three weeks?" I joke but I can tell he knows where I'm coming from.

"No, but you already know that." Thankfully he doesn't give it much importance.